Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Were you ever attacked by an animal?

• 15-12-2004 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I don't mean on a saturday night on the town, but animals in general.

My injurys.

Horse related-
    Bitten on hand, arm, leg, arse :eek:
    Kicked in ribs, hip, groin area (way to close)
    Trampled on
    Fractured thumb
    After that it is only the usual cuts, bruises and scrapes from falls.

Dog related-
    Puncture wound to my tricep from a great dane. And a 3-4inch scar left when he dragged his tooth coming out.

Can't think of any more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

ohh many times lol
    best one was getting tail whipped by a 4 foot iguana named Cilla, who was pissed because i dared speak to a visitor.

5" sliced wrist, looked like id tried suicide an got bored half way thru! lolol still scarred, the beotch! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i have but its mostly by lil dogs who think its ok to bite me . they never try to snap at me a second time tho and usually seem scared when im pissed off . tho ive only been around animals that would of been well used to me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

All animals love me... Worst i've gotten is a scratch from a cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've been scratched by cats and bitten by dogs. Mostly because I was young and stupid and didn't realise that waving a toy sword at them might make them feel threatened. The dogs, that is. No accounting for the cats, except they were just sadistic f*ckers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I was bitten by an dog when I was around four. It was a strange one. It just walked over to me, bit my leg and then walked away as if nothing happened. I hadn't even realised the dog was near me till just before it bit me and did nothing to provke it. It certainly should have been put down afterwards but I don't think it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i was chased by dogs all the time as a kid, got attacked a **** load
    nearly lost my eye once too. got my face clawed, legs and arms bitten.
    dogs just hated me when i was a kid.

one of the funniest things ive ever seen though was my little brother being attacked by a turkey. o god yeah the laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

My hamsters used to bite me... especially after i had eaten and not washed my hands.... they thought my hand was food...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tail whipped by iggy,
    Bitten by my Bosc monitor
    Bitten by my Royal Python
    Bitten by rats, hamsters, mice, sugar gliders, richardson ground squirrels, Long Eared hedghog & Black masked hedgehog.
    Attacked by my psycho Goose!
    Bitten by my parrot.
    Scratched & bitten by cats & puppies - bitten once by a friends alsation cause another friend screamed when I said hello to the dog!
    Bitten by a ferret he mistook my finger for the bacon I was feeding him!

Thats it I think - although 007 my hubby is bitten by most animals I own! Nasty bites too LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Bond-007 wrote:
    Tail whipped by iggy,
    Bitten by my Bosc monitor
    Bitten by my Royal Python
    Bitten by rats, hamsters, mice, sugar gliders, richardson ground squirrels, Long Eared hedghog & Black masked hedgehog.
    Attacked by my psycho Goose!
    Bitten by my parrot.
    Scratched & bitten by cats & puppies - bitten once by a friends alsation cause another friend screamed when I said hello to the dog!
    Bitten by a ferret he mistook my finger for the bacon I was feeding him!

Thats it I think - although 007 my hubby is bitten by most animals I own! Nasty bites too LOL

lot of animals u have their u must have ur hands full at feeding times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Got the odd bite from the Hamster, and the Snake, but I'd hardly call those attacks.

I was attacked by an red setter not so long back, and he took quite a bite of my knee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I got stung by a bee. That is all.

Animals are usually nice to me, which is cool with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Bitten by a cat on the skin between my thumb and my index(i think) finger. I have been scratched viciously by cat too. ****s sake. Cats hate me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

And i just wanna hang out with them...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The say cats bite as a sign of effection - mine pretends to bite me then he licks me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Chipmunk used to bite a lot, and my cats savaged people when they were kittens. Abby would position herself somewhere high like a window sill and then casual wander over and smack ya in the head. Ash just savaged people when ya picked him up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

My old jack russel used to attack everyone, something seriously wrong with him, we had him put down when he attacked a 2 year old.

I was once attacked by 3 or 4 dogs together a few years back, they all just went for me at once, but it didnt turn me off dogs or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

scraped by a cat once. scared s***less of them, always have been!

Cat's are pretty evil, there's one down the road from me that attacks dogs. Big dogs.

yea i no the cat across the road just sits and stares at ya and if its in a good mood it might attack ya just for the fun of it

eugh, evil. My dog could protect me from a cat, I hope.

• Advertisement

i dont have a dog even if i did get one it still wouldnt protect me from the cat. the grman shepherd next door is afraid of this ****in cat!

My dog is afraid of everything. He's a lab, and he's just so stupid.

but they're so cute. always wanted an andrex puppy!

hah, that's what I call them too! only mine's not golden, but he's still cool. Do you wanna take this to pm's before we get slaughtered?

pm's?

private messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭shelly04

Rabies wrote:
    IHorse related-
    Trampled on
    me too...... fractured my arm.
    got stung in the mouth by a wasp before cause it got inside my can of coke and i never realised.. :rolleyes:
    picked up my big black cat and it dug its claws either side of nose just under eye... thats about all i think..oh yeah! a mouse ran across my foot,class this as an attack cause i screamed so much i lost my voice for a day or two......*shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

a mouse ran across my foot,class this as an attack cause i screamed so much i lost my voice for a day or two......

omg lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

While in college in the States was attacked by a squirrel. Well...

The campus was woody and had hundreds of the little buggers running around. One day I was going along between some of the buildings when I spotted a brown blur out of the corner of my eye, walking towards me. No need to be scared of a squirrel, right? Wrong. Dead wrong. Suddenly, the bastard flew up and jumped my leg! I was shocked and tried to shake it off - thinking the creature love of nuts might be my downfall! After a second of paniced shaking of the leg, I looked down and realised the 'brown blur' of a squirrel was actually a big brown leaf, swept onto my leg by the strong breeze.

I count it as a lucky escape. True story, btw, and one I enjoy telling :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

some little sh!t of a dog tried to bite my daughter while in her buggy and got my leg instead. (not complaining.) the owner then tried to get me arrested for kicking it. (after i called then to tell them about the dog) i was the 4th person it had biten so it got put down.

ha revenge is sweet. well done!

some little sh!t of a dog tried to bite my daughter while in her buggy and got my leg instead. (not complaining.) the owner then tried to get me arrested for kicking it. (after i called then to tell them about the dog) i was the 4th person it had biten so it got put down.
    Good for you! i remember something similar happening my dad/brother. brother was on bike,4 or 5 i think,neighbours dog pulled him off the bike,my dad saw this and ran over,tried to get the dog off my brother so the dog attacked my dad instead, all while the owner just stood there. my dad kicked the dog and the owner started to cry... my dad had to get a tetnus shot, but the dog wasnt put down, got killed on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ageary2003

I havent been attacked by animals much, but i got kicked in the stomach once by a cow, i was in the pit of a parlour so i got knocked down and cut my head, i had to get stitchs . I also had a big bruise for a good while after. I was glad however that i wasnt any thinner, sometimes having a small bit of cusioning is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I just read that thread about the terrancula...

I feel like i've just been attacked.

Is it still on me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pips

shelly04 wrote:
    Good for you! i remember something similar happening my dad/brother. brother was on bike,4 or 5 i think,neighbours dog pulled him off the bike,my dad saw this and ran over,tried to get the dog off my brother so the dog attacked my dad instead, all while the owner just stood there. my dad kicked the dog and the owner started to cry... my dad had to get a tetnus shot, but the dog wasnt put down, got killed on the road.

was it your dad who ran it over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

Minding my own business while walking down a street in Delhi got head-butted by a cow. Think they own the place.

pips wrote:
    was it your dad who ran it over
    lol nah it was the bin lorry as far as i can recall

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

A swan bit me once... bastard! the worst part was that i was afraid (at the time i was 4 or 5) to go over and feed it but my uncle assured my that it wouldn't bite, and even if it did they have no teeth so it wouldnt hurt! they have cerrated beaks though and sure enough it did bite me and it bloody well hurt!
    I've also been bitten by dogs, hamsters, cats etc. and scraped countless amounts of times by cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

A dog bit my face when I was young. I had a cut from his top teeth on my forehead, and a cut from his lower teeth just below my mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tried to pet a cute little stray kitty once, damn thing sunk its teeth and claws into my hand :o

and yore ma can be a bit of an animal tbh tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭eljono

I've had numerous scratches and nips from cats and dogs. But the one I remember the most was when I was climbing over my neighbours front wall to play football with them. The lads and their mother were standing around the garden. As I jumped off the wall, their sheepdog came up behind me and bit onto my ass. I started screaming and running around trying to shake it off, it was swinging out of my ass f.f.s. They just stood there laughing...

I also got chased by a bull once when I was cycling through a field but he was out of shape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Bit in the arm by my dog but she's blind and there was another dog around.
    Walking to my house last year after college and an old cocker spaniel sprung out at me from behind a wall and bit me above my knee...other than that nothing more serious then cat scratches...I hate cats!...and my dog sleeps on my bed and if she thinks she hears a car or something she tend to walk on my nads....as painful as it would be normally when your woken up by it its even worse..but I love dogs! They are great!
    I went to get my soccer ball out of the field next to my house once and a ram tried to ram me lol
    I was trying to school a foal and I was holding the leash's of the foal and its mother, I was behind a gate trying to coax them with carrots so my mom could get into the field when a big truck decided to pull its horn ,me still with both leads wrapped around my hands both ponies freaked out and took of like a shot....cut the sh!t out of my hands and couldn't breath properly for about 2 days after bruising my ribs of the gate.

I've also been dragged around a field alot by that little foal...stubborn as hell and the ground it too wet this time of the year to get a good foot hold

ohh my cousin got bit by an Osterich
    I got very close to being decapitated by a horse aswell, very very close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I was also bitten on the hand by a spider. That is what happens when you sleep in a forest with no tent/ground sheet/bug spray. Wake up covered in bugs :eek: This happened twice over the past two summers in america. Left hand became swollen for a few days. Not sore, just looked weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

was apparently bitten by a dog when i was a tot...too young to remember....was in my buggy, king of all i saw and a dog jumped up and bit my face...top canine cut me just below my eye by my nose....bottom one cut my cheek on the other side...he nearly had me eye out!!.. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

does being sh1t on by a bird count as an attack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

bitten on the ass when i was younger by an alsation (whilst doing my paper round)

also one of them little corgi's bit me on the hand too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭minnie_mouse

Got bitten by a rat when i was a kid...self inflicted i thought it would be friendly :rolleyes:
    Also attacked by a wild cat, same reason as above, kicked by a cow, pretty much same reason there.....think im beginning to see a patern... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement