Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote for your favourite BSG episode to date (1 to 9)

• 15-12-2004 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Since we have the christmas break approaching and we are more than half way through season one 1 thought it might be a good idea to see which episode everyone liked the most to date.

A reminder for everyone who was sleeping through the introduction... :p

Episode 1: 33
    The Convoy of refugees is attacked exactly thirty three minutes after every FTL jump, leading many to believe there is a traitor in their midst.

Episode 2: Water
    Boomer wakes up in a storage locker soaking wet and carrying a bag with a bomb in it. Moments later, several explosions rip through the Battlestar Galactica bleeding her of 60% of her water. Now the crew struggles to find another source of water before riots threaten to destroy the convoy.

Episode 3: Bastille Day
    Lee has an idea to use prisoners to collect a new supply of water from underground on an icy moon, but the leader of a group of insurgents uses the opportunity to take some of the ship's officers hostage.

Episode 4: Act of Contrition
    When a accident causes the death of 20 of Galactica's fighter pilots on the hangar deck, Kara must train a new squad, bringing back painful memories for her and Lee.

Episode 5: You Can't Go Home Again
    When Kara goes missing under enemy fire, Lee and his father stir up resentment by using too many of the Galactica's scanty resources in their attempts to find her.

Episode 6: Litmus
    When an attack by some of the new humanoid Cylons reveals their existence, a tribunal is convened to determine if any more of them are hiding among the crew of the Galactica.

Episode 7: Six Degrees of Seperation
    Baltar becomes quite confused when Number Six suddenly appears on the Galactica under a new name, and accuses him of being a traitor.

Episode 8: Flesh and Bone
    Kara has a crisis of conscience when she is ordered to torture a Cylon prisoner to find out where a bomb has been hidden on the Galactica.

Episode 9: Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down
    Col. Tigh's estranged wife turns up on the Galactica, asking for a reconciliation.

Vote for your favourite episode and feel free to post your reasoning. This debate should give us something to argue about through Christmas! :D

c0y0te

Which episode to date did you enjoy the most? 32 votes

Episode 1: 33
    0%
    50%
    Tazzleroar_ieBelisariusNeoSlicerZorangeroosterc0y0teirishman_abroadixoyTivoliNuttzzSooner or LaterendplatestakeyJudgetoiletduckGreyfox 16 votes
    3%
    David Stewart 1 vote
    Episode 4: Act of Contrition
    6%
    ManachFenster 2 votes
    Episode 5: You Cant Go Home Again
    3%
    Johnny Storm 1 vote
    Episode 6: Litmus
    0%
    Episode 7: Six Degrees of Seperation
    6%
    PraetorianCorben Dallas 2 votes
    18%
    StevenStarkMisterAnarchyHaruspexforbairtFeydakeen 6 votes
    12%
    IvanmycroftTCamenmurfie 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

#4 followed closely by #1
    I liked these episodes because they were unpredictable, dramatic and packed with incidents. IE they had something to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Its unfortunate but It set a stratospherically high standard for the rest of the series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

33 for me also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

If I hadn't seen episode 7 yet then definitely 33 but Six Degrees of Seperation shades it for me because of its brilliant showcasing of the man we love to hate - Dr. Gaius Baltar!

Actually, c0y0te, you've really brought it home that we only have four more BSG episodes remaining until the season finale!

I'm guessing Enterprise Season 4 will fill BSG's slot on Monday nights thereafter. :( At least it'll still be Sci-Fi Monday though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I'm still trying to make my mind up between "33" and "Six Degrees of Seperation" myself :rolleyes: ... both were great episodes and I'm having a tough time deciding on which one I liked the best.

Hmm... may have to just toss a coin :p

c0y0te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

c0y0te wrote:
    I'm still trying to make my mind up between "33" and "Six Degrees of Seperation" myself :rolleyes: ... both were great episodes and I'm having a tough time deciding on which one I liked the best.

Join me! ;)
    Can't let me be the only one who voted for Six Degrees of Seperation!
    Does lobbying a mod disqualify? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

It has to be 33 for me. It was the sort of program that just got you gripped with the series you could feel tension and stress everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

33 tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm sorry. There is just something about water torture.
    Its just so... efficient.

I thought Flesh & Bone was a great episode. A nice physicological insight into the mind of Starbuck and that Cylon; Lee is it?

Anyway, fantastic ep, imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

I voted for water because it showed just how vulnerable they are. Baltar's calculations as to the needs of the fleet in terms of meat, vegetables and water were chilling and this was something the original series never looked at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

I voted for water because it showed just how vulnerable they are. Baltar's calculations as to the needs of the fleet in terms of meat, vegetables and water were chilling and this was something the original series never looked at.

Speaking of which how much food is available to feed the 50,000 or so people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

It has to be 33.

Best ... episode ... ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You forgot to include the miniseries in the poll :)

OK... thought long and hard about it, and as much as I loved 'six degrees of seperation' for all the fun and games with our favourite on screen lunatic couple, I've got to give credit where it's due, and '33' was perhaps the best opening episode of any sci-fi series I've seen. Ever.

Think about that for a sec. All the Star Treks and other dross.... Bab 5 and even Farscape didn't have an opening episode that gripped me as much as "33" did. That's a hell of thing :o

For me, the fact that the series starts days after the mini-series, that the crew are beyond tired and exhausted, they are right on the limit, that the situation just seems hopeless from the get go... was a brave choice to make for the series producers. It introduced the characters again to us since the mini series, but didn't treat the audience like kids. It assumed we would take onboard the adult themes, the pace and the dark overtones of the episode and roll with it... and we did. Oh boy did we :D

I may have issues with later episodes and some continuity items (which may or may not be resolved by the end of season 1).. but still, that season opener was fantastic and beats some of my best loved sci-fi ever. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. BSG has the "potential" to be regarded in the same sentances as uber shows like Babylon 5 and Farscape.

c0y0te :cool:

ROFL... just noticed that no one has voted for either 'You Can't Go home again' or 'Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down'.

Wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that one episode made no fracking sense (repair alien ship with piece of cloth, learn to fly bio-ship by squeezing it until it behaves itself, outfly your own fighters using new improved flying techniques while oxygen depraved and injured:))... and the other was totally over the top (oversexed, overacted, carricuture version of paranoia central which again, made no sense in the end).

Wow - looks like we have people with actual taste voting so far :p

c0y0te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

It was hard to choose between "33" and "Six Degrees of Seperation" so I went the road less travelled to push it ahead of "Bastille Day", but damn, that first episode set one hell of a high bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

c0y0te wrote:
    ROFL... just noticed that no one has voted for either 'You Can't Go home again' or 'Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down'.

Wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that one episode made no fracking sense (repair alien ship with piece of cloth, learn to fly bio-ship by squeezing it until it behaves itself, outfly your own fighters using new improved flying techniques while oxygen depraved and injured:))... and the other was totally over the top (oversexed, overacted, carricuture version of paranoia central which again, made no sense in the end).

Wow - looks like we have people with actual taste voting so far :p

c0y0te
    Add to that - bail out of spaceship while its being incinerated by atmospheric friction and survive, clad only in warm leatherette spacesuit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Just noticed the poll now, oh well -- Was torn between '33' and 'Flesh and Bone' so went with the slow-burning arc-y feel of F+B, over the action of '33'.

I wonder if '33' will still be favourite after we've seen all 13?

'Hand of God' is bound to have some support. :)

Advertisement