Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Avi ---> DVD

• 16-12-2004 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

whats the best way to convert an avi to a dvd any help would be great ive been trying Nero Vision xpress but it keeps ending up with the sound way out of synch from the video
    Pete

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

Been through that hell trying to convert avi to dvd.

The best results i got have been from using TMPGEnc DVD Author.
    You can grab a 30 day full feature trial version from the link below

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tda16.html

The software allows you to add multi layered menues, moving menues, menus with music and chapters on your content.

For guides on how to use the software try the link below
    http://www.videohelp.com/convert

ps...i swear to God im NOT associated with the site above but when it comes to getting bogged down with video capture and editing problems its a gold mine of information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

That TMP program doesn't seem to do avi to dvd. Has anyone got more input on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Fabritzo wrote:
    That TMP program doesn't seem to do avi to dvd. Has anyone got more input on this?

AVI TO DVD not Free
    http://www.topshareware.com/AVI-to-DVD-download-4954.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I have a 1.4Gb Avi to convert to DVD. Ive tried using that software. Seems to take ages to convert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well it wont happen in minutes... it is doing a lot of conversions.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jabproductions

Ya

No.... Says Lump

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

• Registered Users Posts: 1 notanothername

I use Cucusoft to convert .AVI to MPG and then use TMPEG DVD to convert the MPG to DVD

Or

Get DVD Santa .. it converts .avi directly to DVD but you cant make chapters with it like TMPEG DVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

svcd2dvd does it for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Power Producer 2 Gold
    Came with the PC and converts virtually anything - including AVI - to a dvd file, then use Clone DVD2 to write the DVD
    Takes about an hour or so for the average film

• Advertisement
Advertisement