Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Win95 soundcard drivers in Win98?

• 16-12-2004 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I've recently replaced Windows 95 with Windows 98 on an old Gateway 2000 machine. I've been unable to find any Windows 98 specific drivers for the soundcard but Windows 98 seems happy to install a set of Windows 95 that I have. Is it common to be able to use Windows 95 drivers in Windows 98?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pancakeman

jees get with the times. i think youll find they have a thing called X.....P.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

That should be fine. You could try searching for updated drivers but win98 isn't too far off 95 in terms of hardware... They're both crap :D
    9x - 2k, NT or XP would require different drivers alright...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You can also use the windows 3.11 speaker drives, using have disk and browsing to the .inf file

You can also use the Windows 3.0 CGA driver in Windows 3.11
    you can the run windows 3.11 on an XT with CGA by using win /d:t (or something)

Advertisement