Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Take Off Your Stereo Face Out of the Car!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

And take your tyre valve caps as well while you're at it.

Some F***ing Tw*t nicked my stainless steel valve caps on the Maz' last Friday... Feeling murderous. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

Some F***ing Tw*t nicked my stainless steel valve caps

oh for the love of kentucy fried chicken !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

bobmurphy wrote:
    oh for the love of kentucy fried chicken !!!

No comprendo. Your point? :confused:

In case I 'guess' it right and you're pondering why this (theft) would annoy me, so inconsequential are valve caps, let me put it in context:

>I've lived and owned this car in the UK, South Yorks (allegedly one of the worst places to be for car theft, vandalism etc, etc. in the UK) for just over 3 years with never any such problem.

>I come over here and within 3 months, bam - caps gone - so, what next?

Am I supposed to replace with same and so become a regular supplier to Joe-Bloggs- with-light-fingers, or opt for boggo-standardo plastic black ones that don't compliment the car/alloys as well as the previous ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

no no no no --- i meant that things are really getting bad if people are stealing valve caps --- what's next, air fresheners ??
    of course i completely agree with you - it's horrible to be put in the position that you cant have anything other than bog standard or it'll get nicked -- a sad reflection on our country :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've only had one break-in, in Harold's Cross. I had left the front on the CD player :o

More and more cars now are using proprietary components, so they can not be nicked. They cannot be upgraded to one's liking either...

BTW I'm parked in Liffey Valley for an average of several hours a week for the last 5 years. My drivers' side lock might have been tempered with there once, but it could also have happened at home, I'm not sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

bobmurphy wrote:
    no no no no --- i meant that things are really getting bad if people are stealing valve caps --- what's next, air fresheners ??

Nothing new in that i'm afraid. About 20 years ago my mother had her car broken into, they smashed the door lock to gain access. And they nicked...

... a plastic battery operated minature fan (without any batteries as it happened).

There was nothing remotely valuable on display, the stereo was an am-only radio incorporated into the dash (1980s Starlet) and there was nothing else visible.

Never did get the lock fixed. She spent the next two years running around to the passenger side to lock/unlock the car, until Toyota took the thing back in case it exploded into a ball of flame.

Advertisement