Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered Sony PSP

Options
  • 16-12-2004 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

will have it in hands by middle of next week :D
    got it for a very reasonable price. Cant wait!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Where you get it from?
    How much?
    What games you getting with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Ebay.com (much better value than .co.uk with the dollar as it is.)
    1 game, ridge racer with it.
    $450 dollars by using the buyitnow function on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

early adopters always get ripped off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

have 1 with rr and vampire chronicles shipped from liksang today(also have Minna no Golf Portable onorder), for 484 euros.
    however i dont think lik-sang marked the package down,so will probably have a hefty customs charge from ups. :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

will the menu not be in japenese and all the games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

No the psp is region free when it comes to games and you can set the language for the system in the menu when you start it up for the first time.

If I get stung by customs I will vomit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

No the psp is region free when it comes to games and you can set the language for the system in the menu when you start it up for the first time.

Are you sure? Weren't there rumours going around this week that the PSP was regionised? Some game had a picture of a globe on it with the number 2 which is fairly similar to region icons perviously used.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Story so far is that they can region encode the UMD discs and chances are music and video (not that anyone is really going to buy UMD media other then games) are going to be region locked. The games do have a region 2 symbol marked on them from what iv read. Problem is there is no other region to get a game from to test so nobody knows if the games are or arn't locked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

sony have said the games can be region locked, however theyre not going to be implementing it

Well I won't be vomiting because I didnt get stung by customs - I got effing raped :mad: 116 euro to be precise.

Excuse me while I go on a killing spree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Ouch. Where did you order it from out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

got my psp delivered this morning from lik sang, had to pay ups 117 euro for taxes and their tax clearance fees. new it was going to steep. but the psp is the business... gp

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

got my psp delivered this morning from lik sang, had to pay ups 117 euro for taxes and their tax clearance fees. new it was going to steep. but the psp is the business... gp

when was yours shipped from lik-sang?mine left wednesdayevening/thursday morn,maybe i'll get it this evening!
    did lik-sang mark the price down?@ least i know to have the custom charges ready! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

by looking at the charges ppl are having to pay at customs, it looks as though it's around 25% of the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ouch, that is just ridiculous money

[nicK] wrote:
    by looking at the charges ppl are having to pay at customs, it looks as though it's around 25% of the cost.

VAT @ 21% and I think 5% import duty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Battery Life ?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

my psp was send late wednesday early thursday morn....for your info

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

BazH wrote:
    Battery Life ?
    Ah come on, he's only had it about 4 hours.... (Oh wait... thats about right, isn't it?) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Any confirmation on this problem ? http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000450024083/

I'm getting a DS in the states next week.

• Advertisement

All the problems I've read about the PSP I can now confirm as BS.
    I received mine today. Mark my words - this thing will sell more than anything we've seen before.

I had a feeling I was right about PSP - I didnt appreciate how much more I should have elevated my expectations. It is truly incredible.

I know its a shame to slag what would have been exceptional otherwise, but im sorry - the DS less than pales in comparison next to this. Watch over the next few months as everyone gets access to one of these and sales go supernova.

For the record, the controls are even nicer to use than a ps2 pad (I dont care whether u believe me or not - you will once you play on it), the screen is clearer than any screen technology I've ever seen, the quality of workmanship is perfect in every single way, the sound is fantastic, the graphics are fantastic, its a wonderful weight - I could go on all day about each and every feature and how perfectly it's been done - but you will all see for yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

yawnstretch -- what games did u get with it? I'm gonna order one straight after xmas also can u post a couple of pics of it in action?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

I received mine today. Mark my words - this thing will sell more than anything we've seen before.

I had a feeling I was right about PSP - I didnt appreciate how much more I should have elevated my expectations. It is truly incredible.

so it's true! :D
    lik-sang re-open for orders Dec 26th i think. so hopefully we'll see a bit of a price drop which could temp me to go ahead and finally get one!

kensutz wrote:
    yawnstretch -- what games did u get with it? I'm gonna order one straight after xmas also can u post a couple of pics of it in action?

I got Ridge Racers - which so far is amazing - next on my list is mercury and then wipeout. This should keep me going though as theres tonnes on it.

Cant wait to show everyone tomorrow! (that said a few ppl have come to my hosue already to see it and the orgasmic gasps! "Unreal")

here's a few pickies i just took for ya :P

http://photobucket.com/albums/v611/ChocNutR/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Can somone give me some details on this PSP thing? Is it like a mini-playstation 1? Are the graphics good? Anyone got a link?

Elessar wrote:
    Can somone give me some details on this PSP thing? Is it like a mini-playstation 1? Are the graphics good? Anyone got a link?
    Its a mini PS2 - google will get you loads of ingo as will any games site

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yawn --- they look the business, gonna get one for meself very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I know its a shame to slag what would have been exceptional otherwise, but im sorry - the DS less than pales in comparison next to this. Watch over the next few months as everyone gets access to one of these and sales go supernova.

For the record, the controls are even nicer to use than a ps2 pad (I dont care whether u believe me or not - you will once you play on it), the screen is clearer than any screen technology I've ever seen, the quality of workmanship is perfect in every single way, the sound is fantastic, the graphics are fantastic, its a wonderful weight - I could go on all day about each and every feature and how perfectly it's been done - but you will all see for yourselves.

Strange - everyone first impressions review Ive heard slates the speakers. It was called a tinny mess of noise in one. Suppose you could just use headphones though.

They look fekkin fantastic... but it just isnt portable enough for me, woudlnt fit in any of my pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

I found this quite amusing: UMD Shuriken

Saw the link on Gamespot.

• Advertisement

Game spot has a updated PSP impressions

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-11721-1362-x-x-x
    Battery life ranges anywhere from one and a half hours to eight hours depending on the application used... ...Using the wireless capabilities will reduce battery life even more.
    It would not be inappropriate to use an adjective like "jaw-dropping" to describe the image quality.
    However, the pixel-response time does seem slow since we did notice some ghosting while watching the various movie trailers and music videos on the UMD demo disc.
    we also have to say that the system's sound quality deserves plenty of praise too. The PSP shatters the perception that portable game consoles can't have great sound.

Advertisement