Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FastFiat - Oh santa, if you have room in your sack....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

That is brilliant. It's like the little Bambino was thrown forward by a sling-shot! How the hell did they stuff a 3.5 V8 into that engine bay?! The engine must be about the same size as the car!

Nice one.

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The engine is mid-mounted/rear wheel drive and the 126 was rear-engine/rear wheel drive. I suppose its a bit like the V6 Clio but much smaller? And a lot more dangerous of course - but I'd so love a spin. It would be like being launched into space in your ma's tumble drier.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

The engine is mid-mounted/rear wheel drive and the 126 was rear-engine/rear wheel drive. I suppose its a bit like the V6 Clio but much smaller? And a lot more dangerous of course - but I'd so love a spin. It would be like being launched into space in your ma's tumble drier.

'c

Ah of course, yeah, the motor's in the back. Forgot that. I was wondering why the big high stance at the rear wheels. It would be some craic to drive!
    By the way - here is ye olde proper linky:

http://www.recoil.cc/l/1ov8100879/movies/fiatvsporche.wmv

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Super-bambino :D
    The engine is mid-mounted/rear wheel drive

The bike style near-wheelie on take off kinda gives that away ;)

unkel wrote:
    Super-bambino :D

The bike style near-wheelie on take off kinda gives that away ;)
    I'm sure with a little work and practice I could get your Bavarian Milk Wagen to do the same... Although on second thoughts no, pretty smoky circles maybe?

'c

• Advertisement

I'm sure with a little work and practice I could get your Bavarian Milk Wagen to do the same... Although on second thoughts no, pretty smoky circles maybe?

'c

ROFL - you should take over from Jeremy Clarkson and we'd all be better off. Me votes the 'ceptr for motoring journalist of the year :)

In the meantime let's do a race. Bet ya my teutonic giant milkfloat will do 0-100-0 before your V6-the wife obviously wears the pants-MPV does 0-35
    :p

I'm not even allowed to own pants, much less wear them. Did I mention that I spend every spare moment working on a '69 Mini which is getting a tuned 1275 and electronic ignition? It will only have one seat and very wide tyres but it won't fit any kids or dogs so I can travel in peace....

There is a nice 850i for sale in Galway at the moment for €14k-ish, I was going to kick its tyres - any opinions? I have had one at number 15 on my Top 50 list for a while.

'c

There is a nice 850i for sale in Galway at the moment for €14k-ish

That might be a steal :eek:

Why don't ya go take a look. It's probably in a state, but maybe not

You might drive it for a year or so and then sell it on for the same price you got it for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just get a 404 message...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

i thought i was the only one, any workin links?

• Advertisement

ubu wrote:
    i thought i was the only one, any workin links?
    Sorry for the inconvenience - I can't edit the original post to take out those links but I pasted the second link into the browser on my home pc (which incidentally runs on turf and is made from Bakelite) and it runs, so I can only guess that the host site was down for a while - the hamster that spins the wheel that runs the server gets tired and stops every now and then...

I have lots of oddball video clips and nowhere to host them - anyone point me in the direction of a suitable site? I have a brilliant clip of a guy with one of those standy-uppy scooter thingys outrunning a Camaro - much better than the Fiat 126...

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

unkel wrote:
    ROFL - you should take over from Jeremy Clarkson and we'd all be better off. Me votes the 'ceptr for motoring journalist of the year :)

that sounds like a plan, a damn good one too, Clarkson and Top Gear is so scripted and contrived these days..."oh let's have a another race with another photo finish and then pretend british cars are still british and better than the germans" *yawn*

Advertisement