Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Longest WWE Reign in 8 years.

• 16-12-2004 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Apparently, if JBL still has the belt on Monday, assuming he doesn't lose it on smackdown or a dark match, he will have the longest WWE Title reign since Shawn Michaels in 1996.

Good man Justin!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I doubt thats true. he only won it in June/July.

Im sure HHH has had the title longer on a few occasions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think you're right gimmick.Didn't Triple H win the World Title off HBK at Armageddon 2002 and I think I'm correct in saying he held the title until Unforgiven 2003 when Goldberg pinned him.
    That would make Triple H's reign a nine month reign since it was from December to September.
    Judgment day was in May so currently JBL has held the title from May to the present which is a seven month reign.
    By my calculations he still has to hold it for another two months to beat The Game's reign but I wouldn't be surprised if he does as Smackdown is ridiculous right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

That's the heavyweight (raw / wcw) title I'm afraid not the wwe (smackdown / wwf) title.

and I'm afraid I'm right.

http://cisweb.hfcc.net/awoloszyk/wwfsite/wweworld.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^^^

;) Well, the hair has been well and truly split!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

you do realise that its all fake right?
    what happens is that they decide before hand the storyline, like whos gonna win what title and which guy is gonna be rammed through a table etc etc. the fact that someone retains a title for x amount of time is nothing to do with skill, rather its based purley on whatever fictional character, be they popular or otherwise, that can provoke the biggest reaction.
    it panto for the masses!

now that said, i used to watch wrestiling when i was younger. if ur looking for a good documentary on the wwe or wwf as it was then, u should check out "beyond the mat". its really interesting, even from a non fans point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Jbl's the reason i stopped watching months ago
    wrestling has become more boring than...dare i say it.... Star Trek!!!!

Cactus Col wrote:
    That's the heavyweight (raw / wcw) title I'm afraid not the wwe (smackdown / wwf) title.

and I'm afraid I'm right.

http://cisweb.hfcc.net/awoloszyk/wwfsite/wweworld.html

Oops. :o

Although according to the WWE Orton is the youngest ever WWE champion when he's actually the youngest ever World Heavyweight Champion!
    So anyone can be wrong!Although I notice I stated JBL won the title at Judgment Day when he actually won the title at the Great American Bash.D'oh!

sorry I just realised the title of the thread might be misleading ... should have specified it was the WWE / Smackdown title a bit more clearly ... sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Seed

you do realise that its all fake right?
    what happens is that they decide before hand the storyline, like whos gonna win what title and which guy is gonna be rammed through a table etc etc. the fact that some retains a title for x amount of time is nothing to do with skill, rather its based purley on whatever fictional character, be they popular or otherwise, that can provoke the biggest reaction.
    it panto for the masses!

now that said, i used to watch wrestiling when i was younger. if ur looking for a good documentary on the wwe or wwf as it was then, u should check out "beyond the mat". its really interesting, even from a non fans point of view.

I think you'll find that people who watch wrestling don't actually believe that it hasn't been rehearsed. Well, not unless they're vegetables anyway.

Seed wrote:
    I think you'll find that people who watch wrestling don't actually believe that it hasn't been rehearsed. Well, not unless they're vegetables anyway.

lol
    fair enough, but if everyone knows its all fake where's the fun in it:confused: and who then cares if some guy is the new champ if its not real??
    i mean he doesnt win because he's the strongest and most skillfull wrestler. he wins because the wwe's marketing section figured that by someone winning or losing they can make more money. if any other sport was fixed in that way people would get really pissed off or just lose interest.

infact i was wrong when i said it was panto for the masses. its a soap opera for lads!

i dont know why im bothering to argue this. anything other than study i guess :)

• Advertisement

lol
    fair enough, but if everyone knows its all fake where's the fun in it:confused: and who then cares if some guy is the new champ if its not real??
    i mean the guy doesnt win because hes the strongest, most skillfull or whatever. i bet he wins because the wwe's marketing section figured that the most popular guy has gotta win/lose coz they'll make more money. if any other sport was fixed in that way people would go mental or just lose interest.

infact i was wrong when i said it was panto for the masses. its a soap for lads!

I think calling it a soap is a fair assessment.Most of us watch wrestling because it's good entertainment.It's like magic,most of us know it's fake(especially due to that loser in the mask :) )yet it still manages to entertain.

Besides,did you watch wrestling during the Olympics?I didn't.Know why?Because it was hardly ever on because it's boring!Now if the Olympics allowed chairs and tables and steel cages(and Stacy Keibler) we'd all be happy.

I think calling it a soap is a fair assessment.Most of us watch wrestling because it's good entertainment.It's like magic,most of us know it's fake(especially due to that loser in the mask :) )yet it still manages to entertain.

Besides,did you watch wrestling during the Olympics?I didn't.Know why?Because it was hardly ever on because it's boring!Now if the Olympics allowed chairs and tables and steel cages(and Stacy Keibler) we'd all be happy.

ok, ok you win.
    i wont try and poo-poo the thing u love!

i happened to be flicking through the channels and by accident came across wrestling - honest. i saw this guy getting beaten across the back - it looked like it was all over for him, but then something began to happen :eek: !!!! everytime he got hit he did this little dance actually it was more of a giggle - kinda like ricky martian. it was hillarious :D . eventually through the power of his dance he became impervious to all leg drops, punches, slaps and closelines from the other guy. i havent laughed that much in weeks.
    maybe i can see the appeal after all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

i mean he doesnt win because he's the strongest and most skillfull wrestler. he wins because the wwe's marketing section figured that by someone winning or losing they can make more money

Exactly the point..I don't know of anyone who wants to see Bradshaw be champion. How they could make more money with him as champ is mind-boggling.. He's crap. I hate him. Practically anyone would be better than him. There's at least 20 guys on SD more deserving, and that would make WWE more money. I'm sure of it

Perhaps Vince is determined to have the fans respect him as champion by giving him a long title reign.It won't work with me.He could retain the title at WM21 and I'd still think he was undeserving.I'd love to see Van Dam win the belt off him but I doubt it will happen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i cant stand jbl as champion either, his long title reign is damaging wwe viewing figures for smackdown, he so just doesnt deserve being a champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Its a joke thats for sure and the fact that its looks as though he is going to keep the belt to Wrestlemania is even more disturbing.

I reckon JBL is about the best champ you can have on smackdown at the moment. The only other heel on it who could carry the belt would be Angle, and lets face it we're all getting a bit bored with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Cactus Col wrote:
    I reckon JBL is about the best champ you can have on smackdown at the moment. The only other heel on it who could carry the belt would be Angle, and lets face it we're all getting a bit bored with him.

Well put, Castus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

nope!!!!!!!!!!!
    he'll have to hold it another month.
    austins alliance run went from march to late september 2001.thats the longest since hbk

nope!!!!!!!!!!!
    he'll have to hold it another month.
    austins alliance run went from march to late september 2001.thats the longest since hbk

actually we're both wrong! ... it'll be Tuesday and not Monday where JBL has the longest title run.

Austin won the title on 1st April (at wrestlemania) and dropped it on 23 September to Kurt Angle, that was a great win ... so he held it for 175 days (including the day he lost)

JBL won it on the 27 June, and on Monday he will have held it for 175 days, so he only equals the record, assuming he still has it on tuesday .. then he'll have had it the longest (since 96)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Jbl ...he Is The Man! He Is The Greatest Of All Time! Nobody Can Beat Him......he Was Born To Be A Winner!

Come On Jbl, You Are Great And We All Love You!

J-b-l J-b-l J-b-l

Finally A Real Champ!

You do realise he's only champion because Vince likes his character,don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

oh no, everything is for real, nothing is fake....JBL, a fighting machine, what a wrestler! And what a carisma! I don't remember any champion in the past being loved by his fans....he is just over the top!

J-B-L J-B-L J-B-L !!!!

Advertisement