Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the furthest you've ever got with a game in CM?

• 16-12-2004 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the furthest you've ever got with a game in any of the more recent CM's ? I have a season with Newcastle thats just entered the 2010/2011 season, and my little 13yr old brother has just got Yeovil promoted to the Premiership by 2010, and we want to keep going as far as we possibly can, does anyone know of potential stumbling blocks (e.g. - younger players not coming through etc..)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The furthest I ever played was with CM 97/98 when I went to about 2010.
    It just gets boring after too long I think, need a new challenge.

Yop I think, has played a 40 season game or something massive like that without running into any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I've yet to do a full season with FM. I used to play online with 01/02 but haven't played online in about a year. There's now no challenge in playing alone and I can't be arsed looking for a "clan" to join.

I'd usually manage a lower division team, I don't know how people can manage the likes of Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

The furthest I have been was 2024/2025 with cm03/04, it certainly starts getting boring. Jose Antonio was my assistant manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

im up to 2015 and the stumbling blocks are

the big teams keep offering old players renewed contracts .. eg man utd still have ronaldo despite the fact hes in need of a zimmerframe.

the younger players which are good are not signed by the bigger clubs which makes it a bit unrealistic so its easy to get the best players but the bigger clubs only seem inteerested in average players. bit like the players ur scouts find for u. crap in other words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

I'm up to 2019 in cm4 with west ham. Have won the treble 4 years in a row now. It's so easy to buy the best players cos chelsea/manu etc just keep the same ageing squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I went about 30 years with boro in 00/01.
    It got very boring at the end, had all my old players as coaches/assistants/physios/scouts. Actually felt sad when my oldest two players retired and i only had players left that i had brought in. I noticed that the longer you went on, the less happy your board and supporters were with you - i was winning at least the double every year, more often a treble or quadruple. The board were only 'satisfied' at the best of times. After I left, I couldnt get hired for any national team, and no smaller team would take me on either - my reputation was too big i guess.

Havent even gotten to my second season in FM yet - i dont know, it just doesnt seem to have the same bite for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

On cm 95/96 I went as far as 2042 with Colchester and later also Wales. Easily the most enjoyable save game ever.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Yip that is right lads and I am still going!! I am still managing Madrid and it is 2066 so been in charge for 63 years!!!
    Am 98 years old!! It is mad really I know but I want to see if it blows up!!!
    Have 1.2 billion of a transfer budget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 liamdye

Yop. Want to play against me then in a network game, just to see if u could cut the mustard playing against others and not the computer eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

yop wrote:
    Yip that is right lads and I am still going!! I am still managing Madrid and it is 2066 so been in charge for 63 years!!!
    Am 98 years old!! It is mad really I know but I want to see if it blows up!!!
    Have 1.2 billion of a transfer budget!

98 years old?! 1.2 billion?! Can you post a pic to prove it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 liamdye

David do u want to play a network game against me please, and a picture from you YOP would be nice to prove that it must have taken ages.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

no bother lads will do it when I get home to my hut.
    NW games are not an option got a massive 12k line !! ;)

Lads the pics are over 100k so is there another way to upload them~??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

jesus i hope this is true. would love to see a pic

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,340 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Got as far as 2035 in an Italian league game in CM03/04. Haven't played it in a while - might give it another bash. Agree with the earlier comment about dissatisfied boards and fans. That seems to be the biggest problem. I won the Champions League but the following season got sacked halfway through the season because the team was only 5th in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

yop wrote:
    Lads the pics are over 100k so is there another way to upload them~??
    just decrease the quality of it...

or the image size.. 800x600 or 640x480 are good sizes

"just decrease the quality of it...

or the image size.. 800x600 or 640x480 are good sizes"

Doh!!

Well finally here we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Diggins

I got through 15 years in champ man 03/04
    then i got very bored
    now i have football manager 2005 and my under 18's with liverpool beat real madrid's first team (i bought adu and the rest of deadly young players) happy now :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,340 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

yop - we're not worthy!

• Advertisement

"yop - we're not worthy!"

Or ye have more sense!! ;) Wonder what is the longest all time record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Thats seriously amazing yop..

Well Done =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Sigames forums had a guy playing CM 01/02, he was up to season 2088/2089 or something.
    Then one day he posted up "corrupted save game". A couple of years of gaming down the pan.

thats highly impressive yop!my fav part is the length of the list of your favoured personnel.

Thanks lads, it is tough but someone has to do it!!!!!

"hats highly impressive yop!my fav part is the length of the list of your favoured personnel."
    Ya it is gas, will be scolling down the page soon

I actually got a crash last nite, first time ever, still back on track now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

2018 as Southend United, got them promoted to the Premiership by 2009 but then went on a yoyo of promotions and relegations got frustrated and quit..I never made it higher than being a good manager and never got offered jobs so muh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

With 2003/2004 I started off with huddersfield and took them the whole way, managed at the top until I got the quadruple, then decided I'd done it all and resigned.

I think it was about 2016 by the end

Whats the challenge after, lets say defending the title for about 3 years in a row? Network gaming is the way to go, impossible to get bored.

Would love the NW game lads, but since I live out in the sticks no sign of a good dialup never mind broadband

• Advertisement

yop, with FM you don't really need a good connection. I played CM with 56k and you can almost host FM with 56k. Let me know if you want to play and I'll try to fit you into a game I set up.

Thanks Eireboy, I have on average 14k, I would presume that is too weak???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I tests here at work I have a game thats in 2250 :)

the save game is kinda big at that point :)

You test CM??? That is some going, are you with the same team for all that time??

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paulmee

cm97-98 ends after 30 seasons of play. An end of game message appears. Ive played to 30 seasons twice with cm97-98

yop wrote:
    Thanks Eireboy, I have on average 14k, I would presume that is too weak???
    Jaysus, i didn't think it was possible to have such low speeds in this day and age hehe. Yeah, that would be too slow.

• Advertisement

Ya I can hit 12k some days.
    It is ridiculous the "service" eircon provide *RANT RANT, ENDLESS PHONE CALLS!!!* sorry! ;)

id love a network game but havent a clue how to start one.anybody able to give me a quick rundown?

"I tests here at work I have a game thats in 2250 "

Do you have any screen shots, what age are you in the game, must be 300 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mallyord

Dedication for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

best i ever did was with CM01/02. It took 11 seasons but I won the UEFA cup with St Pats!!!! Basicially with any CM game you can take any crap lower league team right to the top with the right tactics. It might take 9 or 10 seasons but it can be done. Again with CM 01/02 I won the champions League with a team called Tubize which originally started off in the belgian 4th division.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yop...you are the God of Champo!!! When Fergie retires i reckon you send those screen shots to old trafford!! i wreckon you could be in with a shout!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

What's your "addicted rating" btw? i leave the game running on my lap top and put it on stand by so the game is always on....by day 7 my addictiveness rating was "Your relationship is about to expire" lol :D

Same as, running on lappie all the time, up to 106 years old now, getting tough doing the shuttle sprints in training! ;)

Eventually got the whole season without been beat, actually went 2 seasons with 1 defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭F Fiesta

I started playing the 01/02 game a while back. Got Carlisle to the Premiership in one go, got relegated though. Back in Division 1 in my 5th season.

Forrester is a legend in it, well..was...getting old now

Advertisement