Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting 2 computers via broadband

• 16-12-2004 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭

i need help finding out where and what i need to get so i can connect my esat broadband with a pc in 2 different rooms in the house. i need 2 computers to be on broadband at the same time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

well ive tried alotta stuff liek that and i even called up esat bt and they said we arent really allowed to do that(use 2 computers with broadband) and they were no help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

the tidest way of doing it is to use a wireless broadband router and a wireless card in each PC. This will allow you to connect the machines to the BB connection and relocate them around the house without having to worry about wiring.

HTH

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

yeah um its a possibility but i still wanna see how i can do it the way in my first post.. also is wireless any slower or different to normal broadband i got at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=209621

Would you look at that! A thread started less than a week ago about the exact same thing!

Who would have thunk it!?

Thread closed, use the other one ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement