Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play Anarchy Online for free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I thought it was rather good when I tried it out there a few weeks ago. Really easy to get into as people are searching for new blood all the time for their guilds/clans. So walk around and look noobish and you have people coming up to you ready & willing to answer any questions.

After that, they'll probably invite you into their guilds where you can group with people, buy armour/weapons much cheaper and possibly even be given lots of free cash & equipment.

To be perfectly honest though, there isnt all that much to it. You kill stuff, level up, see if you can get a better weapon. Kill some more stuff.

Repeat this for what seems an endless track to level 100+
    Then start pk'ing.
    Not for my... specific tastes, but a decent game, nonetheless.
    Try it! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

214 Trader and 202 NT before I got bored and went to WoW. The problem with AO is that pretty much all of the game's content is in the expansions.

The other problem is that most of what's in the game is a case of "look, but don't touch."

In the Shadowlands, you've the progressive zones: Nascense, Elysium, Scheol, Adonis, Penumbra, Inferno, Pandemonium.

In each zone you pretty much have the nessescary progression quests (protection item, garden key, sanctuary key and the key for the next zone) and XPing on Hecklers. That's it. The progression quests are long and unrewarding slogs. XPing is boring as hell as its one mob you're killing, essentially. And there's nothing else to do except possibly farm Symbiants.

In Pandemonium, you have the Beast, which is pretty much whored out between two Omni guilds/bots: Tranquility and MR/HH. 18 hour spawn, yadda yadda. Drops some decent armour if you're level 215+.

That's the Shadowlands.

In the Notum Wars, you've basically guild v guild PvP to control "mining areas" that give you skill bonuses. Pretty much large guilds only need apply.

In Alien Invasion, you can forget about killing aliens unless you're in a good guild as you have to build a city (expensive and time consuming, even when I did all the tradeskilling for my guild, it cost us in the region of a billion credits).

However, Funcom have recently changed policy to focus on revising exsisting content and from what some friends in Funcom have told me, they'll be sticking with it for the next six months at least. They've already upped Heckler XP signifigantly (good move) and overhauled Tara to stop it being monopolised by one or two guilds. On the horizion is some major class rebalancing, further extensive revisions to old content and a modernization of the graphics engine.

So maybe not now, but worth getting an account for a few months down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its only free until 1st of the 1st 2006...but still i'll give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i signed up a few weeks ago, its an OK game, not the best rpg by a long shot, no1 is helpful in it, i find. Its pretty boring too, im level 9 at d mo and im considering not playing it anymore, LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

im sorry but they would have to pay me to play that

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote:
    im sorry but they would have to pay me to play that
    How much did they pay you to reply to this thread? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

just thought i'd mention...tried playing this...gave up in the opening world....its so damn boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    just thought i'd mention...tried playing this...gave up in the opening world....its so damn boring.

It doesn't get much more exciting, believe me. :p

Jebus, and I thought I swallowed mmorpgs whole. Took me 15 days to get this game out of my system. Very enjoyable in its own way, just the xp grinding that got to me.

And pretty much every second person helped me out.
    Ok, granted I didnt get to try the higher level stuff and it has been a few weeks ago since I played it, so I'd take Fenster's "review" of it over mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Myself and my brother played it a good bit before we got the WoW beta. Although it's not great, there is a good teaming aspect to it. From the very start it's quite easy to group with people and most players seem quite friendly. If you can't afford WoW, I'd suggest give it a try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement