Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where the hell is Garden State?????

• 16-12-2004 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

Just got the UGC schedule for next week and there is still no Garden State. Britain has it since last weekend. UGC doesn't even have it listed in their "Coming Soon" list of films. Is this one of those films that'll only get here when Britain finishes with their batch of film? If so......Bastards!!!! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.playusa.com/playusa.asp?searchtype=r1title&searchstring=garden+state&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

its one of those not picked up over here , be out on dvd round same time.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

That's not true. Like I said it only arrived in Britain last weekend (according to the UGC's british site), so the DVD will only go on sale here in about 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

according to a poster in my thread regarding this, its coming in january

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

If it wasn't going to be released in Irish cinemas, it wouldn't have been submitted to the Irish film censor:

http://www.ifco.ie/ifco/ifcoweb.nsf/SearchViewFilm/23637E1D805F002E80256F5E005A2858?OpenDocument&OpenUp=True

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Dammit! I want my Garden State! The damn UGC in house TV channel runs ads for it even though it's not out over here... makes me cry inside every time I hear it in there. :(

• Advertisement

Dammit! I want my Garden State! The damn UGC in house TV channel runs ads for it even though it's not out over here... makes me cry inside every time I hear it in there. :(

that song in the trailer is sooo amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,055 ✭✭✭✭Basq

herobear wrote:
    that song in the trailer is sooo amazing!
    Teaser Trailer or Actual Trailer?

Both are amazing trailers with amazing music!

Teaser trailer: Frou Frou "Let Go"
    Actual trailer: The Postal Service "Such Great Heights" & Travis "Love Will Come Through"

Saw the film myself.... pure genius! One of the best of the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,055 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh, and by the way.. this same topic was mentioned a week or two back:

See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=209586

basquille wrote:
    Oh, and by the way.. this same topic was mentioned a week or two back:

See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=209586

in my thread :P

oh and yes....actual trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

herobear wrote:
    in my thread :P

oh and yes....actual trailer

Ooops! Missed that somehow. Sorry 'bout the duplicate thread. :o

January?? I presume that's only a guess and if it becomes extremely popular in Britain it could get pushed back to February?

The faster digital cinemas comes the better. It'll stop all this crap with us getting screwed if a few cinemas in the UK order more copies.

• Advertisement

if it gets pushed back to february maybe it can premiere it at the DIFF, and invite Zach Braff over for an interview, that would kickass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I also thought it was going to be released this weekend!! I demand this film to be released!!! Or I could just get the movie in other ways! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I should attend my UGC Exclusive Screenings more often - they claim they've already shown it over here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I got fed up waiting for it, ended up getting the region 1 dvd and watching it that way. It's a good film, I just hope people don't build up too much anticipation after the long wait and then find the film itself a let down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

i've been waiting to see this film since Empire first mentioned it around this time last year....i think the not building up thing is a bit of a lost cause

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Just get it from the us my mate college has had it for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

it's out on DVDs in the states

Advertisement