Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kick Ass Gaming Cafe in Cork - AREA51

Options
  • 16-12-2004 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

As you were told on another board contact adverts@boards.ie of you want to place a advertisement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Coooool,its about time Cork got a decent net cafe
    its a pity i live in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't forget counter strike it's still very popular in ireland compared to the likes of CS:Source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

If I'm in Cork I'll go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

woah you actually have alienware area51s there? n1 hope you do well.

Don't live there meself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

cool good luck!
    if it works out maybe ye might go nationwide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Good luck with it Topper.
    Sounds like your onto a winner.
    I'll be sure to drop in in the new year with the lads from college.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

that's cool, but i live in dublin so it's pretty useless for me. but good luck in the venture anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If it goes well, open up one in Dublin, somewhere not city-centre, so the rent is low, the prices would then be low, and everybodies a winner :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

don't mean to be discouraging but u've arrived a bit after the ship has sailed already. Broadband is increasingly availible and increasingly affordable in ireland now, so are decent end PC's not to mention people building their own after buying the parts relatively cheap from komplett etc.

The two biggest reasons gamers went to net cafes was..

1) broadband - and playing in a cafe and paying was almost the same price as per minute money going to eircon scum.

2) high end pc's to fascilitate this.

off course there are still people who go in for these two reasons due to not being able to get broadband or decent pc's, and there are people who go in for other reasons..

but the market has definately shrunk, and can only continue to do so it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh but if a net cafe is run poperly they pull the clients in like flies to ****.

think of sweden (the online capital of the world) where 10mbit connection are normal, people still go to lan's cos of the cheapness well runned tourneys etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Half the guys in my class have an E3 connection (or whatever the college has) in their apartments. But still go to inertnet cafes for gaming ... much more fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement