Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

corolla

Options
  • 16-12-2004 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

just finished colour coding my corolla which is dark blue and it look better than a expected but she has bog standard wheels in need of an upgrade.

i was advised to stick 17"s on it but dont have the cash for that and that will slow her right down was thinking 15"s or 16"s. then i saw one with white alloys looked well but dont know if they would suit.

Could do with advise for the people in the know.
    Its a 00 shape.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Its never a good idea to ask a load of strangers on the internet what you should do with your car. If you don't have much of a budget and are going 15's then you will get a second-hand set easily. You need to find wheels with a PCD(stud spacing) and offset that suits your car or it will handle like a well oiled poo - often these numbers are stamped on the steel wheels but any tyre supplier will tell you.

I personally think white wheels look naff on anything except a rally car as per standard OZ magnesiums and I even bought a car with white alloys a while ago but sprayed them shortly afterward. Watch the Buy and Sell - don't fit crap wheels and don't spend a fortune on wheels. Don't buy anything too wide - its too easy to fit something that looks really good but scrapes on the wheel arch every time you hit a bump. If you plan lowering or upgrading your shocks then don't fit wheels that are too big, and ALWAYS find out how much replacement tyres are likely to be.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

theres a place up in letterkenny they have very good price alloys and the wheels are pretty good quality but dont go with the tyre they supply tho, wheels and tyre package normally dont have very good tyres unless you ask for a certain type of tyres you want with a little extra cost! white wheels does look kinda naff alright!

Advertisement