Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should the brand extension be ended?

• 16-12-2004 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I notice alot of people are unhappy right now with the state of the WWE and I'd like to know how many of you think that ending the brand extension is the answer?
    Personally I'm starting to think it should end as Smackdown seems lost and a Raw vs Smackdown storyline would be the best storyline in a long time.

Is it time to end the Brand Extension? 7 votes

Yes it will improve the WWE
    0% 0 votes
    No it should be given more of a chance
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

In the short to mid term combining the two rosters would be total suicide for wwe.

A lot of wrestlers would have to be dropped to make this remotely possible. Titles would have to dropped as well. Wrestlers from smackdown would go from being high in the card to much lower. Moral would be terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I agree with cactus col, but it would still be cool to see them merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The thing with this, is that you have to look at the 3 levels on both shows, ie Main Event, Mid and Lower crads.

Raw main eventers
    HHH
    Orton
    Benoit
    Y2J
    HBK
    Edge

SD main eventers
    Big Show
    JBL
    Kurt
    Eddie
    Taker
    Booker

As far as I see it, you can remove Taker, and HBK as they wont be around for much longer than another year, as active wrestlers at least. Leaves 10 people vying for one title, rather than just 6 on one show. Now everyone isnt always going to in the mix. If there were one roster, you could see far better main event feud. Eddie Vs Orton anyone? HHH vs Kurt? As oppoosed to Orton Vs HHH being rammed down our throats. It opens up the title picture no end, and gives people alot more of what they want.

Raw mid card
    Maven
    Shelton
    Christian
    Batista

SD mid card
    Cena
    CCC
    Reigns
    RVD

Neither exactly are top heavy with good numbers of mid carders. Again if the extension ended you would have a number of decent feuds with these, not to mention that many of the main eventers above like Y2J, Benoit, Angle, Eddie can all easily glide between MC and ME very easily. You still have some very nice feuds there.

The CW division would thrive if the rosters re-merged. You would have Shane Helms and Tajiri back in the mix.

Then look at the tag team divison. It is suffering on both brands with only 2/3 teams on each. It would be great to see RVD/Rey Vs Le Resistance etc.

Besides everything else, look at the ratings the wwe is getting? Very poor i read.

For tonights SD, there were only 2000 advance tickets sold (apparently 9000 turned up in the end. I wonder how many freebies/discounts were given).

There is at least one house show a week being cancelled due to lack of interest.

It would seem like the logical thing to do for me.

Advertisement