Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hit boxes and how to move fast in a map: (OMG NEW THREAD!)

Options
  • 16-12-2004 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

*wake up I need to ask u all something*

does anyone have any info of player hit boxes and also how to move fast in map (layouts of arenas)

going start playing quake again :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

i dont.

btw... you have the most spasticated links in your sig!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

This isn't CS, hitting a player anywhere will suffice, but because the game is much much faster, it's harder.

Learn bunnyhopping and the strafe jump in QW and just Strafejumping in Q3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

jesus I know it is not cs but there is a hit box and I want to know how big or small it is so I can put the force model to the same size as the hit box.

I also heard that the hit box does not fully move with the player model.

Example the player jumps up off the ground but the hit box stays near the ground or jumping on a jump pad on q3dm17 the hit box is behide the player model.

I don't know fully myself if this is a load of BS.

as for the map layouts I was hoping for a down view layouts of arenas in q3.
    Example: http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/89_1.php.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

i want to play q3 too but i'm getting sevre lag spikes tonight. Is it all the servers are american that do this or am i missing some settin in my config? I played ut earlier and was getting no spikes. I'm on bb too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Q3 has the worst netcode ever so you're going to have to play on irish or english servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

cheers, pity, tis such a fun online game. ta anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

theres some info about the bbox at blah and as for map layouts.. theres no need really, it wont help yoou with movement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

thanks for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

Skud, if you're new, have a read of this

Advertisement