Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best(and worst) Song of 2004?

Options
  • 16-12-2004 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

What do you think the best song of 2004 was?
    I thought it was American Idiot by Greenday.
    The worst was by far, "car wash"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chupacabras

best and worst song would have to be babycakes, great for wrecking yer mates heads but really really sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

best song probably wagon wheel by the old crow medicine show it's my favourite this week anyway.........worst...any song played on fm104 or 98fm or what was that song that had the enya sample mario sumthing sang it..UTTER MUCK i hope he gets a bad splinter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Best - Mellisa Auf Der Maur's Followed The Waves is pretty damn good.
    Worst - That reeeeeeeally annoying one by Anastasia. Could it be played anymore times on the radio!! Which furthers my anticipation for Phantom to go on air!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭grimey

Freakin Out by Graham Coxon springs to mind. I think Carwash is a good call for the worst song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

its way to difficult choose a song out of the abominations that where released this year. so i'll just say my favourit song from this year...... Float On by Modest Mouse... it's not their best song, but it made this year a little better. (musicly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i have to say i was well impressed by the killers this year... Glamourous Indie Rock'n'Roll is just pounds on the strings of my vital organs... worst... can't put a finger on it... i wasn't hugely impressed by the beautiful south's covers album... a lazy and last ditch effort to return to the lime light... if one is gonna make an album they might at least write one even two of their own songs to put on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

heard Band Aid 20 today after weeks of convincing myself Not to change radio station when it comes on, and what a waste of time.
    It may not be worst song of '04 but it's still cr@p.
    And as for charity, you'd be better off dropping a fiver into a trocaire box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

My favourite song this year was The Killers - Mr. Brightside.
    And my least favourite was anything that Westlife sang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Grim_Reaper

A Perfect Circle- Imagine

This is a truely amazing version of Lennon's Imagine... it can be heard at:

www.aperfectcircle.com/

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Best song - How to be Dead by Snow Patrol

Worst song - anything by Britney/Christine/Beyonce/boy bands/girl bands - you choose, the choice is endless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Best song: Either
    Modest Mouse - Float On
    or
    Dogs Die in Hot Cars - Somewhat Off The Way

Worst song: William Shatner - Common People

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭captainplanet

um...i hate to say this, (being slightly afraid of what you are going to do to me) but those songs that you hate, well, i LOVE THEM! anastasia, brilliant! christina and missy doing a duet as fish, genius! britters, bryan, westlife, shania twain. they're all golden.
    they make me happy when skies are grey.
    best song, finally-the frames
    worst song, pump it up-dont know who by, but man is that catchy. what does it even mean????? what are we supposed to be pumping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

I thought william shatners common people was brilliant!!
    where can i get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Best song : "Meantime" by the Futureheads or "Don't ever think" by the Zutons

Worst Song : so many.... babycakes probably....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭McGonagles

Best - Mellisa Auf Der Maur's Followed The Waves is pretty damn good.

That Auf der Maur album rocks, but Head Unbound strikes me more as the standout song.
    All those years she spent as a backing musician for Hole and Smashing Pumpkins, and it
    turns out that she's a better singer than Courtney Love...

My best song of 2004 would have to be Who The F... by PJ Harvey

Worst? Come on now... how could I pick just the one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

grimey wrote:
    Freakin Out by Graham Coxon springs to mind. I think Carwash is a good call for the worst song.

I agree with your choice for best song
    worst song would have to be covered in punk by portabela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Blue Monday on a Saturday night in The Hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

I worst song this year in my opinion is (by a country mile) these words are my own by she that shall not here be named. There are few things in life that provoke such utter hatred in me as that damn song. Every time I hear it I want to induce vomiting. But perhaps that’s just me.

Best song - Girls by the Prodigy, anyone at the olympia will understand.
    Worst Song - Call On Me by I don't know who, REBEL AGAINST THE MEDIOCRITY OF THIS MARKETED SH1TE! sorry mediocrity is a compliment to that..........good video though xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Best - Muse Hysteria
    Worst - most chart songs

• Advertisement

I'll agree with that on the chart music but as for Norwich,
    You're going down quicker than a glass of Jesus Juice in Neverland(but not as quick as the ingestant of said glass) In order words MJ f*cks kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

put that chat in the soccer forum u muppet. and if you want to debate about norwich feel free.

Touchy touchy, someone's a bit of a moaning Michael .Ok lets debate then, they're sh1te. end of debate.
    Muse Hysteria rocks though,don't worry it's not all bad.....

And its called Football not soccer, and your a real fan?

We love each other now, I apologised to him.
    Best song has to be 'There's a dildo on my table that looks like John Wayne' by the Vibrating Dukes
    Worst-Insomnia by Faithless
    Am I starting to get repetitive in my posts?

No not at all its just paranoia, get a good nights sleep and you'll be grand.

'just because your paranoid,dont mean they're not after you', Richard Nixon wrote that when he was jamming with Kurt.
    I am not a crook.....but I do like liver and farther beans, sssshhhhhhhhssss.

I never knew that, WILLIAM MELVIN HICKS PLEASE RESCUE ME AND PUT MY HEAD ON MY PILLOW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 eoinfilter

mr brightside must be the best song of 2004
    everyone seems to have forgotten that awfull bollox from moron 5 'she will be loved....etc' nothing beats that for horrible insincere unit shifting

true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 catgirl

eoinfilter wrote:
    moron 5 'she will be loved....etc' nothing beats that for horrible insincere unit shifting

it's only too true, the sad thing is it's not the worst song on the album. (for the record i would like to point out that i do not in fact own the album)

but i have to say that on reflection the worst song of 2004 is probably that "it's your birhtday..." song. popssibly the most annoying song i have ever heard

Advertisement