Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remote control car question

Options
  • 16-12-2004 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

I got a Gas powered RC car today, But i dont know what fuel to put into it,

Does anyone know what it takes.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

They use nitro-methane fuel.The "model shop" on capel street in the city centre will stock it, or "boyz-toys" out at kart city in santry will have it also.
    If you want a good quality fuel then "starting grid" in dun laoghaire is the place to go.They'll give you a brand called "tornado" which i run in my cars and would recommend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

can you not use normal petrol ?

I rang the Model shop and they wont sell to me cos i didnt buy the car from them,

what a load of sh!t.

I'm no way near dun laoghaire, I'll ask around, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

NeVeR wrote:
    I rang the Model shop and they wont sell to me cos i didnt buy the car from them

????????????????????????????????????????????

Hope they go out of business real soon with an attitude like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

NeVeR wrote:
    I rang the Model shop and they wont sell to me cos i didnt buy the car from them,
    wtf..

Cut up some paper into note-shaped pieces. Pile them in a wad, and put a €20 at the front and back of the pile. Roll it up and place in your wallet.

Go into the shop, ask for the fuel, and when they start to say the same blurb, withdraw the wad from your wallet, and tell them "Oh well, I was actually thinking of buying a new model today, but with an attitude like that, you can **** off" and walk out.

Justice.

• Advertisement

good ideas,,

the guy at the other end of the phone was stupid... when he said he wouldn't sell to me cos i didnt buy from him i was like !!! why,,, then i said,, Soooo if i walked into your shop and said i bought from here you would sell to me and he said Yes,,, what a d!ck... anyways, i'll get some from somewhere. if he doesnt want money thats his problem.

and it's against the law not to sell to me cos i didnt buy the car from him,, but i wasnt going down that road,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

NeVeR wrote:
    and it's against the law not to sell to me cos i didnt buy the car from him,, but i wasnt going down that road,,,

unfortunately he has the right to sell to whom he wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

Have a look in the yellow pages for more shops around dublin.They're under the heading of "models/toys collectibles" or something like that ;) .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

http://www.boards.ie./vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=486

There is a forum here for models etc. try there.

Advertisement