Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is goldeneye rogue agent any good.

Options
  • 16-12-2004 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

I,m just wondering has anyone here played goldeneye rogue agent, is it worth buying,i know it gets a bad review on eurogamer,but i liked 007 nightfire on the ps2.I just like stealth fps games like sof etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

by all accounts and reviews its a very poor game

Shin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

no

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Takes a dump all over the good name of the N64 classic. This game should never have been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

EA sell out.
    Its what you would expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 femmedujour

Really, I heard it was good. What makes it so bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The IGN interwiew is somewhat funny.
    Cba finding the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Its slow, you make a head shot once every five or six shots you make at someones head i.e. the accuracy is appaling, story is rubbish, levels are too meh..., no excitment and the slowness makes it even worse. Multiplyer online is a laugh occasionaly. Overall i'd give it 5/10 average as a stand alone fps. The fact that its called goldeneye makes people poo-poo on it a lot worse i feel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

A lot of the eEA james bond games have been ****e. Although the first one they made for the N64, The World Is Not Enough, was actually quite good :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,339 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

i had a play on the xbox in a shop, I thought it was the xbox but the game is really really slow. Maybe im expecting too much from a FPS on a console but its astonishingly bad. Tripe i would say. Its embarrassing that Goldeneye is actually still 100 times a better game although many magazines and what not will try and tell you its a fantastic game. Its terrible, Nightfire is actually much better. A good enough game on the PC. Dont waste your money. Rent it out!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

there is only 1 goldeneye and it aint the usual ea bond rubbish maybe they might improve it in their yearly updates

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

elvis2002 wrote:
    i had a play on the xbox in a shop, I thought it was the xbox but the game is really really slow. Maybe im expecting too much from a FPS on a console but its astonishingly bad. Tripe i would say. Its embarrassing that Goldeneye is actually still 100 times a better game although many magazines and what not will try and tell you its a fantastic game. Its terrible, Nightfire is actually much better. A good enough game on the PC. Dont waste your money. Rent it out!.

that's exactly what i saw. it was terribly slow and the controls were absolute rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

quake 2 is better

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Which is saying something since Q2 is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Which is saying something since Q2 is crap.
    Q2 was cool... :(
    But i preferred Q1 cause of the nailgun...god i loved that gun lol.

Basically you should know the drill by now: James bond game + EA = overhyped, well marketed, piece of sh!t.
    And a well marketed piece of sh!t, is still a piece of sh!t.

Off topic but Q2 was crap. The art direction was brown textures flooded with coloured lighting that looked really out of place, enemy AI that was dumber than an LCA student despite the hype, and really boring weapons and level design. Multiplayer was alright. If it wasn't for the Edge it would have been much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Off topic but Q2 was crap. The art direction was brown textures flooded with coloured lighting that looked really out of place, enemy AI that was dumber than an LCA student despite the hype, and really boring weapons and level design. Multiplayer was alright. If it wasn't for the Edge it would have been much worse.

Oh sod off and play some obscure japanese rpg noones ever heard of
    :D

and you can play your soulless american action games. Now everybody is happy :D

Advertisement