Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American beers no ingredients

• 16-12-2004 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Why do Budweiser and Miller not have to put their ingredients on the bottle or can?

Every victual purchased in the supermarket must have ingredients on the packaging.

The Germans and Chinese do it, why not the yanks?? I read that Budweiser use chicken hearts in their beer making process.

Tsingtao Kicks ASS! http://beer.trash.net/beerpage.php?beernum=508

My friends include J. Moosehead, P. Erdinger, Y. Tsingtao and the right honourable Jim Beamish http://beer.trash.net/beerpage.php?beernum=591

Also, don't like to drink Guinness as they bought up/destroyed all the breweries in Dublin until they were all that was left, and then, they sat down and played MONOPOLY, ... . . .fairly :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They inform you of their ingredients in the ads.

"THe finest wheat, barley, hops and chemical catalysts".

Bud is píss anyways. Why would you buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

And wet horse! don't forget what the ad tells us

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Mmm, hot sweaty BEASTMEAT.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Don't forget the rice, a major ingredient of Budweiser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 femmedujour

CuLT wrote:
    Mmm, hot sweaty BEASTMEAT.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

SteveD wrote:
    And wet horse! don't forget what the ad tells us
    It's not wet horse, Clysdales are used in the quality control process.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/overview/BudIngredients.htm - official view

http://byo.com/recipe/702.html - Bud Clone using gypsum , irish moss and honey :eek:

http://www.progress.org/archive/gene45.htm - no to GMO (but only when in EU)

http://www.allaboutbeer.com/columns/fred4.html - nice bit on beachwood aging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

chill out there... twas a joke... spare me your legal mumbo-jumbo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's true, they have to pass it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

alright guys, before this gets out of hand let me set it straight.
    In the States there is a Law mandated by the FDA that all food and drinks must list ingrdients on the packaging...the ingrediants are not on the bottles because its on the box they came in.
    Seriously now, chicken hearts? are you mental?

now, lets get back to more important topics like...How much beer can you drink before falling down on your face? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Ask an American about the Rheinheitsgebot: 1% will know what you're talking about (tops) a far bigger percentage will claim their cousin was on that when it went up the Mississippi last year... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

BEAT wrote:
    now, lets get back to more important topics like...How much beer can you drink before falling down on your face? :D
    I have handled somewhere after 10 (pints) once at a stag party - didn't even wake up with bruises :p - but no idea precisely :D

Managed 12 bottles of Bud once - did not manage to get up before dark next day :p That stuff gives mega hangover! American beer vote is Sam Adams (not ever sure if you can get it here - and that would be most of their range)

I had 11 pints of guinness the night of the beers...I dont remember how I kept count now but I did somehow..I was well wasted! I thankfully never fall on my face, get sick or get hangovers...but
    I had a hangover the next morning..my 2nd ever!
    I dont usually drink that much, probably why I dont get hangovers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

BEAT wrote:
    I had 11 pints of guinness the night of the beers...

Jesus 11pints of the black stuff,i normally have 6 or so then onto something else..I go through some arsepaper after a feed of guinness so after 11pints id say break out the kitchen roll too... :D

yes, and this is why I had my second ever hangover, I am surprised I drank that much tbh...everytime I turned around someone put one in my hand!
    it was a great night! :D

mad m wrote:
    Jesus 11pints of the black stuff,i normally have 6 or so then onto something else..I go through some arsepaper after a feed of guinness so after 11pints id say break out the kitchen roll too... :D
    Had a kiwi friend over for new years some years back... Well used to Newky Brown and Wattlings Red Barrel ( just 6 years ago - so the monty python jokes were truly precient imho). He had to make frequent visits after just 5 pints of the black stuff. I was abused as a child by Guinness :) Just grown used to the stuff :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Meh.... Bud is just carbonated wee wee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

BEAT wrote:
    I had 11 pints of guinness the night of the beers...
    Jebus that must have been some shíte the day after..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ask an American about the Rheinheitsgebot: 1% will know what you're talking about (tops) a far bigger percentage will claim their cousin was on that when it went up the Mississippi last year... :rolleyes:

Buddy, you should be kissin' our asses. If it wasn't for us you'd all be drinking quality German beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Buddy, you should be kissin' our asses. If it wasn't for us you'd all be drinking quality German beer!

And if it wasn't for you guys 100k Iraqis might still be alive. Go tell someone who gives a ****.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Goddamn it, first the cuckoos nest, now after hours. Is nothing sacred from you straight-faced types?

• Advertisement

Blub2k4 wrote:
    And if it wasn't for you guys 100k Iraqis might still be alive. Go tell someone who gives a ****.

Who gives a **** about iraqis (sp?) I prefer it that USA did save our asses a few years back. I'm willing to forgive their few indiscretions now. Unless they start bombing Ireland... then I'll have a problem with em..... Although I can't forgive their accents.... very annoying it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Goddamn it, first the cuckoos nest, now after hours. Is nothing sacred from you straight-faced types?
    This is the problem when boards gets big pickarooney. Anyone who doesn't know you assumes you're serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

ah guiness...the black stuff(that comes out of you arse the next day)...have been known to drink yp on 15 to 16 pints...but hey i cant remember these nights too clearly...there was one night me and a mate of mine drank 16 pints in dublin...he fell asleep at the bar and woke up in his flatmates bed...his phone charger was in the bathtub and his shoes were positioned oh so nicely each side of the loo...i on the other hand had to get taxi to hotel..get up at 7 to go work for a client...very professional :) i now drink carlsberg..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Who gives a **** about iraqis (sp?) I prefer it that USA did save our asses a few years back. I'm willing to forgive their few indiscretions now. Unless they start bombing Ireland... then I'll have a problem with em..... Although I can't forgive their accents.... very annoying it is.

really it is another topic, but the US dealt with the Nazis almost up until the day they joined in WW2, so learn your facts before you start coming out with Pro-US BS propaganda, it is a suspiciously similar situation to Iraq.

and whats yur point? That governments for ya... I'm not being pro anyone except pro me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Be very careful - the political correctness thought police (in the shape of Blub2k4) are onto you :rolleyes:

lafortezza wrote:
    Jebus that must have been some shíte the day after..

I had a throbbing head, especially since I only had 5 hours of sleep and had to get up and out of the hotel for check out time!
    but it was well worth it :D

now everyone else, BACK ON TOPIC! or the thread will be closed
    geesh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Take the American stuff to Politics lads. It's not relevant here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Blub2k4 wrote:

errmmm
    it was a joke?!

• Advertisement

BEAT wrote:
    I had a throbbing head, especially since I only had 5 hours of sleep and had to get up and out of the hotel for check out time!
    but it was well worth it :D
    now everyone else, BACK ON TOPIC! or the thread will be closed
    geesh :rolleyes:
    13 pints of Guinness? I'd need a nappy for a couple of days after a session like that.

Admit it. It was the squit of your life.

lafortezza wrote:
    13 pints of Guinness? I'd need a nappy for a couple of days after a session like that.

Admit it. It was the squit of your life.

well it was 11 pints, and the worst freakin' headache in the morning...I'd do it all again though :D

BEAT wrote:
    well it was 11 pints, and the worst freakin' headache in the morning...I'd do it all again though :D
    That's a yes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

still you cant beat 10 pints of cider to sting the hole off you the next day...definitely one for the sudo cream :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

mmmmmmmm quality German beer :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Have you noticed beer never seems to have nutritional information on it. I thought all food and drink had to have this by law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

This seems like as good a place as any to give the American beer joke (which I heard from a Canadian guy) it's annual outing;

Q. Why is American beer like having sex in a canoe?

A. Because they're both f#cking close to water

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

American beer vote is Sam Adams (not ever sure if you can get it here - and that would be most of their range)

Mmmmmm...... Sam Adams......
    Quality Beer, my favourite Beer After Guinness TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I was told Bud comes over in powder format from the states and then they do it up and so on etc. to turn it into beer.

Anyone know if there is any truth to it or just talk

Talk - would cost to much to dehydrate it.
    If they use additiona flavourings then they might be imported. But the basic ingredients are cheap. I would be truely shocked if it took them more than 10c to make a pint.

Advertisement