Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding PS2

Options
  • 16-12-2004 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I would like to get my PS2 chipped. Does anyone know a place in Dublin that does this? It seems like doing it yourself is delicate work and I don't have any experience of using a soldering iron.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

there is a place in dublin that does it

Use the Google and search for something like chipping ps2 in ireland

there are plenty of other threads search for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

I would like to get my PS2 chipped. Does anyone know a place in Dublin that does this? It seems like doing it yourself is delicate work and I don't have any experience of using a soldering iron.

I'm in the same type of boat as you, execept that I want to get a US PS2 chipped... A mate of a mate of mine says he can do it for €70, is that a good price ? And are the US PS2's 100% chippable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

I'm in the same type of boat as you, execept that I want to get a US PS2 chipped... A mate of a mate of mine says he can do it for €70, is that a good price ? And are the US PS2's 100% chippable ?

us ps2s use the same chips as pal ones these days. It's tricky soldering in the chip so if you trust the guy go ahead 70 isn't a bad price

Nige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

elmer wrote:
    us ps2s use the same chips as pal ones these days. It's tricky soldering in the chip so if you trust the guy go ahead 70 isn't a bad price

Nige

Ok thanks man... ah yeah I thrust this guy, he does this type of stuff all the time, he can chip DVD players also via infra-red :confused: ?

I can't wait, I'll be getting all the newest games for about 20% of the retail price of another mate of mine...

Thanks again & Merry X-mas,

dublin_apache ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement