Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Parties

• 16-12-2004 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

So, how many ppl have had their work/college christmas parties? Any embarrassing incidents you wanna share?! Only asking cause we had a class meal yesterday in TGIs. I had quite a few cocktails as well as tasting everyone elses, managed to get to the bus stop but didn't quite judge distance between the ground and the bus right. tripped and headbutted this rather good-looking guy in the ass :o Funny for everyone else, and me at the time (I giggled about it on my own for the enture journey) but mortifying now!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

college party was last week, deaf guys can sure drink for ireland,
    i woke up in a bath in a house in drumcondra the next morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 femmedujour

Thats not that funny. So you smashed into his ass. We're having a work party this weekend and i'm really looking forward to it. Good chance i'll end up naked at the end if you know what i mean :D

(Didn't really need the 'if you know what i mean' did i?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Thats not that funny. So you smashed into his ass. We're having a work party this weekend and i'm really looking forward to it. Good chance i'll end up naked at the end if you know what i mean :D

(Didn't really need the 'if you know what i mean' did i?)
    Hey, can I go to that party? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 femmedujour

You can if you can impress me. Give it your best shot.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Went on a bit of a pub crawl

Quinns -> Thunderroad -> Fitzsimons -> Pal Joeys.

Ended up drinking at least 16 or 18 drinks including pints, shots, cocktails and (the killer) jd and cokes.

Ended up sitting on a stool in Pal Joeys not realising I was getting sick and trying to hold it in. Luckily didn't ACTUALLY get sick but there was a bit of, ahem, sprayback on two of the lads I work with. Made some wonderful vomiting noises in the toilets though. There was no lock on the cubicle aswell so I had to hold it closed while vomitting...

Ended up walking home with some Czech girl I work with and standing outside our place of work and talking about how much we hate the place for an hour and a half...

Thank Christ I'm leaving there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

You can if you can impress me. Give it your best shot.....

Its so big I have to sling it over my shoulder.....

...Im so lonely :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

What is Tusky? That centipede?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Mine was last thursday.

The photos came back from the chemists today. Lot's of people look pretty dumb in the pictures... but I seem to have kept my dignity in all the ones I appear in...

It really wasn't a very good night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

ours was a good laugh..went to the dog track in Dundalk. got there about 630 and the bus came back at 130am so we were all fairly locked.
    vaguely remember two of the lads trying to steal a christmas tree from the reception area but getting caught. luckily i had my wits about me and managed to nab the camera before anyone else could when we were leaving.....must get it developed.
    all in all a good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I had mine last night. Good craic but not much to report. I am totally unable to pick up women in nightclubs so don't even try anymore while out. One of my colleagues was turfed out for arguing with barmen about the closed tab. One of the great things was to see your work mates who are quiet or shy going off the wall for one night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

A guy I have done work with before owns a computer company, and they had there staff party at the gresham, he thought it all went well until the gresham rang him the following monday and had a video courierd over. When he watched the video, he saw one of his employees in the toilet (in case you havent been there before there are really nice couches, carpets and paintings etc in the bathroom) and you see him start in the urinal then move throughout the toilet pissing on the couches, carpets, paintings etc. Needless to say he was fired. Thank god I didnt do anything like that at mine. Can you imagine your next interview - "So why did you leave your last job?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ours is nest week, tuesday, in a television studio. Should be interesting. There's only a few good looking/young people in the area I work. I intend remaining sober-ish.

John

Advertisement