Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA:SA June 10th 2005 on pc and xbox.

Options
  • 17-12-2004 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

yes it's official. Rockstar let it out at last!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭ED-209

Thou best not be sh!tting us !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

from ign.com

GTA: San Andreas Hits Xbox
    Get ready for the hip-hop-heavy action-adventure on your Xbox and PC come June 7, 2005.
    By Douglass C. Perry
    December 16, 2004 - Rockstar Games let the good news fly today, announcing that its mega-hit Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will arrive on Xbox and PC on June 7 in North America. Euro-gamers will receive the fifth game in the series June 10, 2005.

Following Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in this generation of console systems, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas takes place in the fictitious city of San Andreas and enables players to explore cities much like LA, Las Vegas and San Francisco, all of which take place in real estate that's approximately five times bigger than the landscape found in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

The game follows the African-American Carl Johnson, who escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas five years ago. Returning to his hometown upon his mother's death in the early 1990s, his family has been torn apart. The game introduces a slew of new features including eating food to survive, the freedom to completely customize your character with tattoos, clothing, and haircuts, a brand new vehicle physics engine, and the ability to swim.

If Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is anything like the GTA bundle pack before it, then Xbox and PC gamers should expect no content changes to the gameplay, but they should look forward to higher resolution graphics, and better overall graphic presentation.

Plan on returning to IGN for massive coverage of this already awesome PS2 game in the near future.

at least we dont have to wait long after the yanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭ED-209

You have just made my weekend matey.

I had this on the PS2 and stopped playing it as the GFX were too slow.

Can't wait to get it on my Xbox :D

now you can go get pissed on your weekend and know the date for when youll be poppin' sum caps in better graphics, is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭stevieg_irl

cant wait, should be way better on the xbox
    (graphics,think the ps2 coudnt hack it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

damn bro, you got the 411 on this skinny!

can't wait :)

tman wrote:
    damn bro, you got the 411 on this skinny!

yea what this guy said ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Anyone have any idea what the pc specs will be like? I must get this when it comes out, but my PC ran GTA3 and Vice City fine when they were at medium resolution and details. Im running a P4-2.2 with 256mb ram and a geforce2 mx. I have to update the graphics card for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The all powerful PS2 runs it fine no slow down at all, so to get the the equivalent detail on a pc you will need a mega upgrade if Rockstars previous efforts at conversions are anything to go by.

Get more ram and new GFX card.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I got slowdown...not a lot but enough to piss me and my picky standards off. Has anyone played vice city on pc? How does it compare to ps2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

cheesedude wrote:
    I got slowdown...not a lot but enough to piss me and my picky standards off. Has anyone played vice city on pc? How does it compare to ps2?

Well, Vice City looked gorgeous on my PC (specs below), far FAR better than on my friends' various PS2s - BUT even with 1gb of nice ram and an overclocked graphic card I got some shudders / slowdown while speeding along in fast cars. I was using fairly high video options, can't remember them exactly. I am worried about slowdown with San Andreas, might upgrade my graphic card before then.

Gorgeous?

Looked completly cack on my pc and most others. Would expect GTA Sa to look cack also.
    Its a PS2 game ported over cant see them adding to the already large development costs for a tiny market.

Tbh once they leave it open for user made content it be worth getting.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The pc games market is tiny now?

Since when?

What are the sales figures ps2 vs pc?

Moriarty wrote:
    The pc games market is tiny now?

Since when?

What are the sales figures ps2 vs pc?

4 million units sold on PS2 up to last year, PC be lucky to sell a million.

Vice City Sold 6 million on PS2 and 650,000 on PC 1.5 million on Xbox
    GTA sold 7 million on PS2 and 1.5 million on PC same on Xbox as it was a double pack.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

KdjaC wrote:
    Gorgeous?

Looked completly cack on my pc and most others. Would expect GTA Sa to look cack also.
    Its a PS2 game ported over cant see them adding to the already large development costs for a tiny market.

Tbh once they leave it open for user made content it be worth getting.

kdjac

i didnt think VC looked cack at all! looked leaps and bounds better playing it at 1600x1200 sooo smooth and no slow down!

although SA is fecking huge so god knows about that :eek:

well seein as a ps2 can just about run it with fairly blurry graphics and slowdown id say the xbox will run it good but a pc will pwn it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i pld sa for the first time the other day on my m8's ps2 and the slowdown was quite shocking in places and the graphics were low resolution and quite blurry just like the previous games so im hoping that the xbox version improves on that alot....ive seen the pc version of vice city it looks great in high resolution but i didnt like what seemed like graphic glitchs such as a thin white edging around all the tree's/plants and some objects such as fences etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

theres parts in SA ..near the er...bottom right of the map near the docks and crap wheres theres loads of traffic i dunno if it was just my ps2 dying on me but i swear...5fps IF i was lucky!!!!

cant wait for pc version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

KdjaC wrote:
    The all powerful PS2 runs it fine no slow down at all
    lol

It ran absolutely crap on the ps2. So bad i just said **** it i'll wait for the pc version. The fps is pretty low at the best of times, the texture quality is low and fuzzy, the resolution is low - it shows just how dire the ps2 is nowadays. The scenery in the game is great so you'll want to see it all its glory in nice high res graphics on a pc. Plus its WAY easier to aim on the PC. Manual aiming on the ps2 version is nigh impossible and the lock system is only good when it works for you - it can be well annoying when it doesn't.

But its just a aport of a PS2 game :confused:

GTA VC looks awful on PC and i have a 9800XT , buggy port over from a console even the bugs made it to pc (fallin into the ground etc:). But graphics dont matter the game, SA is the best game ever made imo. But when it comes out on PC i not expecting it too look much better , cost 20 odd million to make cant see them spending more when its already been released to its primary market.

Altho the new Multiplayer rumours sound good.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement