Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV customers beware this month's bill has been brought forward.

• 17-12-2004 1:53am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you are a Clicksilver user you might like to note that UTV have brought forward the collection date of payments to 13th this month (it is normally the 25th - well it has been for at least the past 18mths!).

Other than the bland statement on the online account page:
    Payment will be collected on or after 13/12/2004

(there was no warning in the monthly email message which states that the account is available on line)

no warning was given to customers of this change so I presume a lot of customers will not be aware that their account will most likely already have been debited.

I think the usual practise for any business that intended to bring the date of payment forward by 12 days (particularly in December) would be to highlight that fact for customers so as to make sure they were well aware of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Just a quick note on UTV concerning their minimum contract period :).
    I was with UTV and my contract expires next year. I got NTL in last month (what a difference) and emailed UTV sales asking them to cancel my contract on expiry as I didn't want to pay up the contract in 1 go.
    I thought they'd just collect my monthly sub until March, but I got an email back saying my email had ben actioned.
    Anyway, looked at my visa bill today and on 13th december I've only been charged for phone calls so it looks like they've written off the remaining contract :)
    This might be of interest to people waiting to get out.

Advertisement