Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Beginner.

• 17-12-2004 2:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

Me and my mates record stuff of us doing "jackass" type stuff on a standard video camera. Can anyone gimme tips on how to/ what to use when i want to edit it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

firstly what type of cam is it? Hi8? DV Cam or the older type uses normal VHS tape? if its DV Cam you can just use the DV out from the camera to a firewire and the sound go through the sound card, if its other types you can just get a video capture card and play it from your camera and record on the PC with the software that comes with the card, after that then its up to you what format you want to produce it in, just for PC anything will do unless if you want to make it small, use divx, if you want to put it on DVD then just use Nero after you record it, and make a DVD out of it!

for editing there are many applications you can use! for beginner Ulead is very easy to use and its powerfull enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Beekay wrote:
    Me and my mates record stuff of us doing "jackass" type stuff on a standard video camera.
    Hehe, I see the warnings at the start of the show were a waste of time eh? ;)
    My vote goes to the DV over firewire setup... you can't go far wrong with that.
    If you have no other editing software - the one that comes with XP is usable enough... Windows Movie Maker may sound pretty lame, but it's good if you don't want to get too bogged down and simply want to trim the crudd bits of footage out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

I prosmue the MiniDV firewire setup is a given.

You could also us Pinacle - cost the same as ulead and I prefer this one...

But do start with MovieMaker if you're new to it as it's easy to get into and every other package is a step on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Beekay wrote:
    Me and my mates record stuff of us doing "jackass" type stuff on a standard video camera. Can anyone gimme tips on how to/ what to use when i want to edit it.

Uh huh me and my mates doing like uh jackass type stuff, it'll be like awesome.

My advice, edit with a magnet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

HA HA HA So cold :P

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

so true:P

Advertisement