Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from creative writing

Options
  • 17-12-2004 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

i'd just like to know why i was banned from creative writing.
    i'm not contesting it i'd just like an explanation
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The mod should have sent you a PM.
    Did you check your inbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭klap trap

no i didn't get a PM
    that's why i'm confused about the whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

klap trap wrote:
    thats unbelievable you actually wrote that?
    you should become a songwriter!

that was probably it
    i really didn't mean anything by it but fair enough
    would have been nice to get a pm or some sort of notification about it though

it was kind of harsh not even a warning, iv seen people get away with alot more than that on other forums

• Advertisement

incidentally i posted a poem (if you want to call it that) and i was ridiculed for it by someone (i think it was a moderator)
    the thread has now been convieniently deleted though so i can't really do anything about that can i?

maybe an admin would be prepaird to look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

pancakeman

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

yes I did ban you and I sent you a pm, to your other username.
    Ban will be lifted if you havnt been totally banned from Boards altogether after a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i dont see why people should be pm'd when banned.
    i never do

but then again,
    im not very nice...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

bubbleidcrisis.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Consider yourself lucky, the more fora you're banned from, the less ****e you have to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

"omfg It Wasnt Me, It Was My Other Nick!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

klap trap wrote:
    incidentally i posted a poem (if you want to call it that) and i was ridiculed for it by someone (i think it was a moderator)
    the thread has now been convieniently deleted though so i can't really do anything about that can i?

Ah newbie righteous outrage. Is there a sweeter wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

magpie wrote:
    Consider yourself lucky, the more fora you're banned from, the less ****e you have to read.
    If he just wants to read less sh1te he doesn't need to get banned, he can just put you on ignore.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

beat wrote:
    Keu,
    in the past you have made sound contributions to threads. I am really surprised that you would take actions towards a ban.
    In the charter it clearly states that if you take the thread off topic, which you completely did, you will earn a ban.
    I expect this from newbies and will give them warning if they are not total spammers but I must say that you deserve the ban not only for going off topic with that link but for Bating myself and trying to instigate a total thread downward spiral.

Next friday the ban will be lifted

looks like i got your ban for you, funny, because the other nick you registered and spammed creative writing with is still posting there.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

keu wrote:
    looks like i got your ban for you, funny, because the other nick you registered and spammed creative writing with is still posting there.
    You know what I hear? The sound of BITCHING.

innocent.jpg

it doesn't make much difference to me as a reader more than a contributor of creative writing, but if bans are used to serve a purpose, the actual perpetrator is still lurking in there.

makes no odds to me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

keu wrote:

Keu,
    posting my private message to yourself on boards is a low step and warrents another week in my book.
    As for this comment, I have no idea what you are talking about but if there is a troll about it is my job to find them and sort them out so you neednt worry yourself about it.
    It's amazing how one comment can change your opinion about someone.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Nothing like completely uncalled for personal insults is there Mr Pudding? Or do you have a bee in your bonnet about something? If so why not share it with me via a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

magpie wrote:
    Nothing like completely uncalled for personal insults is there Mr Pudding? Or do you have a bee in your bonnet about something? If so why not share it with me via a PM.

you are such a cóck-muncher

if i was banned from the forum because i'm apparently pancakeman then thats slightly ridiculous. checking previous posts, i have posted in the same minute as pancakeman, which would be quite an achievement if i had been writing them both.

Keu,
    posting my private message to yourself on boards is a low step and warrents another week in my book.
    As for this comment, I have no idea what you are talking about but if there is a troll about it is my job to find them and sort them out so you neednt worry yourself about it.
    It's amazing how one comment can change your opinion about someone.

I refer you to here....
    http://fire.prohosting.com/leresist/post/07%20sudden.htm?t=211226
    beat wrote:
    The femmdejour , who recvd a warning in a pm, and KEU who got a 1 week ban for bating and going off topic. Keu got a pm, didnt Keu just get out of muppet prison? I am surprised.

whoever femmedejour is went into creative writing and posted three messages on the same thread and then asked how long it would be before he/she got banned, it seemed obvious to me it was the same chap who originally started this thread and who reregistered under a different nick in order to go back to creative writing to protest, I responded by posting a link directing him/her back to this thread.
    I wasn't "bating you" and I didn't take the thread off topic, feemedejour did.
    It's amazing how one comment can change your opinion about someone
    I agree.

oh great now i'm femmedejour apparently.

femmedejour registered the same night you started this thread and gathered 29 posts in the space of half an hour including this one.
    then went into creative writing where he/she criticised someones poem, referenced this thread and asked how long it would be till he/she got banned (in reference to this thread and for criticising the poem) in the space of three posts.

I said..."about this long.." and pasted this link there.
    femmedejour hasn't been banned btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

STONE HIM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Beard Madam? Just 10 shekels - finest quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Line on the left, One Cross each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 femmedujour

keu wrote:
    femmedejour registered the same night you started this thread and gathered 29 posts in the space of half an hour including this one.

Whats wrong with that post? i'm just getting to know the site. And i was temporarily banned from creative writing but i explained things to beat and he/she understood where i was coming from.
    And whoever says that i'm klap trap is just an idiot. I've only been on the site about a day, wanna give me a break? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

all femm wanted was a description of the phone being sold in the thread you linked to keu

your post however added nothing to the thread and if taken up wrongly could be construed as being an accusation of some sort

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2196000&postcount=9

Advertisement