Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which would rather you feel ? Too Cold or Too Hot ?

• 17-12-2004 3:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I've always found that some people would rather be too hot than cold, at all.

I my-self would rather be too cold than too hot.

Maybe I'm the only person like this, but have you ever been in someones house or car and their heating is just too hot that you're uncomfortable with it and everyone else is fine ?

I seem not to be able to tolerate heat as much as I can the cold... :confused:

I have my radiator in my bed room turned off all the time, which I find fine and if pll come into my room they say that it's freezing ... :D

Well how about you ?

Which would you rather ?

Which would rather you feel ? 53 votes

Too Hot
    0% 0 votes
    Too Cold
    100% 53 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

Oh, you have Raynaud's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

Yeah. Really sucks this time of year, especially trying to play guitar.

Yeah I know someone who has it and he says it's horrible, sometimes he would no feeling in his finger tips...

Anyway, anybody else ?

Which would rather you feel ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Too cold... I can't function in heat at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

gimme the cold ....

i cant even think if it goes a few degrees too hot
    i function best about 10-15degrees id say [ based on when we set the thermostat to 20 i cant even watch the tv, i have to go outside :lol:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Was freezing on the way to work this morning and it was horrible! I've gone with too hot... Of course i prefer neither. Ask me in summer on a blazing hot day and i'll say too cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Prefer too cold. Tis easier to warm yourself up than cool yourself down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Too hot, I hate being cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Cold, can't work in heat!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Balls! I think I left the radiator on this morning, and I'm away for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I hate being too warm! If I'm too cold, I can chuck some extra layers on. There's few places where you can start undressing 'cos you're too warm, without getting some funny looks that is!

In work, it's generally too warm, and I just can't function. I get lethargic, my throat becomes dry and I feel generally unwell.

Give me 'colder' rather than 'warmer' anyday!

Kevin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Cold. I tend to thrive more in it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'd rather be too cold than too hot, you can put on extra clothes, you can only take off as many as you have on. Also if it is too hot then you just get lethargic, whereas if it is a little too cold then you can do things to keep warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Too Hot. I can't stand the cold, I can work better hot rather than cold.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Too cold. My brain works better in the cold, I feel more alive/refreshed. Probably along the same lines of using water coolers for computers. Except different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ixoy sounds like a troll...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Trojan wrote:
    Ixoy sounds like a troll...
    Of the silicone-based variety ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Gurgle wrote:
    Of the silicone-based variety ?
    Dammit, my Turing Test sub routine must be malfunctioning....Program aborted...I am human.

Oh and warmth makes me dozy. I'm always about to fall asleep on the PC at work during the summer and my fans are forced to work harder. By fans I do, of course, mean the fans beside me. Not in me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Impure silicone I believe :)

Did you do it?
    Are you sure it wasn’t you what done it?
    It was you what done it, wasn’t it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

Too cold, I sweat a lot when its hot (not overweight, I just do), and it makes me very uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Too Cold, at least if you're frezzing, you can put on more clothes, turn up the heat etc etc. But if you're too hot, even if you get naked it'll probably still be too hot, and most places dont have air-con....

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Yeah, but outdoors you can't turn on the heat. You can always pour water on yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I voted too hot, I just cannot function in the cold, my blood will not flow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I went with 'too cold' because, like has been said already, it easier to deal with the cold.

If it's a really hot day, over 30 degrees, then there is just no escaping it. I'm pretty good with temperature though, I can operate just fine regardless of the heat or cold. But I just can't get to sleep if I'm overheated.

The people I work with drive me nuts though, always complaining... it's too hot... it's too cold... gah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Im voting too hot really!The cold really gets to me and im good in high temperatures! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I have this - but I'd still rather be cold. Just give me some gloves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Hot hot hot!! The hotter the better :D

I don't think I've ever been to hot in this country. Can't wait till summer time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Cold, I'm very bad with heat, (switches to out and out geek/nerd mode, I think I've a bit of sebecean blood in me :p). But yeah, like previous posters said, in the cold you can throw on layers, in the heat you're ****ed. Most places in Ireland don't have air conditioning to deal with heat, though most places do have heating. And I can't sleep when it's too hot, I especially hate it when I'm trying to get to sleep and break out in a sweat, ewww.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Stark wrote:
    Cold, I'm very bad with heat, (switches to out and out geek/nerd mode, I think I've a bit of sebecean blood in me :p)
    Have you tried inserting coolant rods into your brain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Definitely too cold. When I'm hot I get all dizzy and uncomfortable and yuck, and there's no way of cooling down once you remove your clothes. It sucks.

When you're cold, you can always do some exercise and put on extra clothes to warm up. And I have a really fast metabolism which means I'm warm most of the time anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Cold. I tend to thrive more in it.

Goes without saying I would have though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

too hot.

there is nothing worse than planting your ass on an ice cold toilet seat first thing in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Yeah yeah yeah,

Lets all be too cold. Where are you going for your summer holidays??? Iceland, Siberia, the north pole, God forbid if your going to the the the can’t say it must say SUN. Thats all well and good thinking, oh I'll just throw on a jumper if I'm too cold, Look at that theres one on the ground beside me. Thats good to know that you all go out carrying spare jumpers around the same as I go out and carry around a nice big bath of ice water when I get to hot and my giant fan plus my extreme miniature air conditioning mobile phone. Wait till you get stuck up a mountain for 3 days!!!!

Go and spend a night on a mountain!!!!

lol lol lol, I'm ffffrreeeszzziiinnnggg!!!!!!!

lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Too Cold.

I hate being uncomfortably hot, and it doesn't take much--even just a few degrees above what I'm happy with and it's Hell.
    Thoughts of the London underground in the summer time *shudder* Nothin' worse than getting icky & sweaty just after ya leave the house in the morning -- stinky & gross all day!

I'm cold now (in Coleraine, go figure), but it's nice :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

damnit. picked too hot, shuda been too cold after further(2 seconds) of thinking.

main reason as said before, about the whole cold and warming urself up thing.

plus I find some girls look very cute when they are all wrapped up in the winter, in a non-murderous way of course but rather the whole hat and scarve thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

but when its warm they tend to expose more flesh

but when it's cold they snuggle closer for warmth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

TOO HOT ! I detest the cold, when I'm cold all I want to do is curl up and try to stay warm. Nothing gets done. At least when I'm hot I can go around mostly naked and if I'm still hot then it's time to head for the water. Pools, beaches , nice long soaks in a cool bath, MMMMMMmmmmmm . Much rather do that think try to find ways to keep warm !

TOO HOT ! Much rather do that think try to find ways to keep warm !

I can think of better ways to get warm than trying to keep cool ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Too hot

Im the one who throws the half bag of polish into the fireplace in the morning, smokeless coal is a curse, little or no heat off of it. and nothing beats fifteen or twenty briquets piled on top of a load of firelighters when you come in from work.

only drawback with briquets they take about four days to cool down which makes cleaning out the fireplace a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

I can think of better ways to get warm than trying to keep cool ;)

AAAAAaaaaaaaa..... but then your not thinking of the fun "things" that can be done with it's hot out either . Coolwhip , ice, "playing" in the water .... just to name a few. ;)

AAAAAaaaaaaaa..... but then your not thinking of the fun "things" that can be done with it's hot out either . Coolwhip , ice, "playing" in the water .... just to name a few. ;)

LOL, yea :D ...

I think the best thing that could be done on a mad hot day in the summer is...................... a "WATER FIGHT"

:cool: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Too hot by a mile!
    Hate being too cold! Worst is having cold hands, hate that so so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭samo

I am sitting in work absolutely freezing my hands are nearly numb and blue from lack of heat and can hardy type (sniffle!) so to the 60% of you who said you'd rather be cold would just love it if you could sit here freezing your ass off for me!

There is no heating in my office before you question it and I have 3 jumpers approx on and still freezing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've always found that some people would rather be too hot than cold, at all.

I my-self would rather be too cold than too hot.

Maybe I'm the only person like this, but have you ever been in someones house or car and their heating is just too hot that you're uncomfortable with it and everyone else is fine ?

I seem not to be able to tolerate heat as much as I can the cold... :confused:

I have my radiator in my bed room turned off all the time, which I find fine and if pll come into my room they say that it's freezing ... :D

Well how about you ?

Which would you rather ?

Im the exact same! I barely ever have the rad. on in my room. I had it on for a little while earlier and it got too warm so im here with the window open to try cool my room down. All my friends give out that my room is freezing!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Prefer too cold - can't function in the heat. Was in the States a couple of months ago and one day the temperature gauge in the car hit 106 fahrenheit (around 42 centigrade, I believe). Nearly killed me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

zaph wrote:
    Prefer too cold - can't function in the heat. Was in the States a couple of months ago and one day the temperature gauge in the car hit 106 fahrenheit (around 42 centigrade, I believe). Nearly killed me.

Was in the States myself recently and had to battle with the same high temperatures. I hated it. One day it was so hot we decided to drive 4 hours to the next city just so we could spend the day in our nice cold air-conditioned car. Give me the cold any day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement