Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch 1.5

Options
  • 17-12-2004 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭

The latest CoD patch is out and it "contains one new Multiplayer map (mp_Tigertown) and various Multiplayer adjustments and bug fixes."

It's 36MB and details of it can be found here.

Not tried it yet - waiting for servers I play on regularly to upgrade first ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

The latest CoD patch is out and it "contains one new Multiplayer map (mp_Tigertown) and various Multiplayer adjustments and bug fixes."

It's 36MB and details of it can be found here.

Not tried it yet - waiting for servers I play on regularly to upgrade first ;)

IT SUCKS, it could be the servers i was playing on. Im sure i can get used to it but its very hard because im trying to get used to my new mouse aswell(logitec MX510). I dont know if I like Tigertown or not yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

what a way to pimp ur new mouse LOL i aint heard much about it yet but like steve i wil wait a week or so to install this
    Brcok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I had to install it today cause the servers I play on were updated , but I am playing HOB so I saw no real difference .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

just don't forget all your save games will be useless after the 1.5 patch is installed....on UO anyways.....don't think i can face going through half the game again to get back where i was!!!.. :( why do i never read the small print!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

patch is good but didnt bring enough imo, all the bugs are still there but tigertown is a great map for matchs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Only Human wrote:
    IT SUCKS, it could be the servers i was playing on. Im sure i can get used to it but its very hard because im trying to get used to my new mouse aswell(logitec MX510). I dont know if I like Tigertown or not yet

I got an mx1000 and I can't shoot a bloodly thing in CoD anymore.... I love the mouse but am seriously considering using me opti mouse blue for lan parties instead..... The MX1000 is suitable for anything (particularly web browsing and is real comfortable for RTS's but I just cant seem to control it sufficiently for FPS's although I guess it's still a matter of practise

I got an mx1000 and I can't shoot a bloodly thing in CoD anymore.... I love the mouse but am seriously considering using me opti mouse blue for lan parties instead..... The MX1000 is suitable for anything (particularly web browsing and is real comfortable for RTS's but I just cant seem to control it sufficiently for FPS's although I guess it's still a matter of practise
    Try using a wired mouse. Most Wireless mice have a slight time delay on them. I used to use a wireless ball mouseand i switched to a wired ball mouse and even then using a crappy ball mouse my scores improved.

Only Human wrote:
    Try using a wired mouse. Most Wireless mice have a slight time delay on them. I used to use a wireless ball mouseand i switched to a wired ball mouse and even then using a crappy ball mouse my scores improved.

Nah there is no lag on this mouse...... The problem I have is the sensor is located in a different location to the opti mouse blue meaning I need to move the mouse using my entire hand rather than finger motion. Take that and match it with the different shape and weight and waaaaay improved sensitviity it makes it difficult to line up a long range shot..... I'm sorta annoyed because the mouse is exceptional for everything else (particularly webbrowsing as it has loads of handy buttons for fast scrolling etc) but given its 75e price tag and that my other mouse has a dodgy left mouse button I'm loathe to change it although I might bite the bullet and buy a new opti mouse blue and that IMO is THE best FPS mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Whats a opti mouse blue?

Whats a opti mouse blue?

Exactly what it says. It's advertised as optical mouse blue...... I dunno why they can't just call it a blue optical mouse???!!!

anyway here is a pic

all.jpg

Not the worlds greatest mouse but its light, functional and I always found it exceptional for FPS's

• Advertisement

Whats so special about that? I use a Logitech Dual optical and haven't found anything yet to convince me to change. That said my gaming skills are so rusty that anything better would be lost on me anyway.

never advised u to change :D Nothing special about it really cept feels right, is light, is easily moved using yur fingers so its accurate and basically I should have just bought another instead of replacing it with a laser mouse....

Which is why I have two Dual Opticals. Bought the second as soon as heard they'd stopped making it. Only mouse I'd buy now is probably a MX510. The wireless ones seem to have no advantages except save you using a wire which is the same hassle as plugging in a base station. Only place I can see a wireless mouse being of benefit, is if you are sitting 10ft back from a media PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I had a crappy "ball & wire" mouse with which I was used to play CoD with and when I upgraded to the MX700 it was like I had never played the game before! It took me something like 3 long weeks before I started playing decently again! Never change your mouse would be my advice here!

And the sniper in my team recently upgraded to the MX1000 which he was delighted with but my God was he crap at CoD for a while... It's only now (again, 3 weeks after changing) that he is starting to play well again. He's delighted with the MX1000 and he believes he's a better sniper now. So do I... MX POWAAAA lol :D

It only took me about 4 days to get used to my mx510. I used to play with a crappy Trust mouse. Every so often the mouse would screw up and id start spining around like crazy. I got a demo some where if anyone wants it?

Advertisement