Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's anyone's opinion about a possible Lesnar return?

• 17-12-2004 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

He's, as far as i know, just returning for a few months then leaving for NFL tryouts according to the vikings rookie coach but i could be mistaken, its just NFL hearsay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 DannyAu-Yeung

I take it Football just didn't work out for him and hes planning a return???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

From Wrestlezone.com
    The internal word is that Brock Lesnar wants to return to WWE, but WWE is not currently planning to bring the former champion back. According to some close to the situation, WWE silently feels Lesnar has no other options and wants to play hardball for "revenge."

If Brock does come back, i hope he isnt given it all too fast again. And somehow I reckon he wont. Some high profile jobbing will be done for a while I reckon, to show him he cant just come and go as he pleases.

That all being said, i hope he comes back, and he is a great wrestler, and was getting good on the mic as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Triple H gave his views on Lesnar:

http://nodq.com/news/105236343.shtml

He says Lesnar wants back in but the company won't take him.He says at some point in the future he'll likely return.

It's an interesting interview as he criticizes Chyna,says Holly came close to being fired over the Dupree incident,says Goldberg was a 'great guy' and most hilarious of all he says Vince sometimes turns down his ideas as he doesn't want to be accused of nepotism!Too late for that,you practically own Raw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

It can only be a good thing if lesnar returns, smackdown is so awful at the moment that they need fresh meat and lesnar would fill that role nicely

As for the WWE playing hardball with him, it often perplexes me why WWE do this, i know they want to show the talent whose boss but you can take it to extremes sometimes

WWE know they need new people, there shows often show the same matches over and over and over again

I say play nice, a half committed Lesnar is better then watching another JBL title match in my opinion

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Just to fill in some blanks for you guys. he sold out of the WWE thinking he could be champ in football as well...my opinion he shot too high, too fast. He was let go by the Vikings in pre season, played a few games but the man sucked BAAAAAD!
    And here is the kicker, i was watching late night tv the other night and this infomertial comes on, and who do i see pumping iron for this crappy fitness video but the one and only. I am telling you, the guy has hit an all time low. I kind of feel sorry for him, he looks pathethic, with this balding fat guy talking about knowing what it takes to be a champion...sheesh!
    I agree with all statements...SD sucks right now and they need something bad. I am tired of seeing the saem people fight over and over again. But at the same time Lesner is an ass so what can you do?

I don't see the problem.The Rock took off to pursue his acting dream and Lesnar left to pusue his NFL dream.
    Lesnar has bled for the fans and even took a concussion after WM19.
    He wrestled through injuries like broken ribs.
    I think he should be brought back if he wants to return.I watched an old tape of mine of Summerslam 2003 showing the stuff he did to Zach Gowen and there's no one on Smackdown who could be that vicious.

I think he should be brought back to feud with the Big Show and Big Show should be allowed dominate him and pin him cleanly.This can be a measure of revenge by the WWE against him.Also,since it's rumoured he didn't want to put Taker over before he left,he should be made job to Taker and maybe a couple of others like Cena and Eddie.Then he can work his way back up to the main event stage.Smackdown need all the help they can get.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im looking forward to the possibility of Lesners return...even tho he left with a bad smell last time, smackdown plunged to new depths of shabbyness after his departure and things have remained stale ever since... his return at this stage can only be a good thing for smackdown really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Man dont even compare Rock and Lesnar , Lesnar was there what , 9 months at the top. Rock done years for the company , and jobbed to a lot of people to progress them in the company. Lesnar will come back that much is pretty much certain and will rightfully get a bad reaction, he bailed out on WWE before he'd paid any sort of due for them. Lesnar saw his name on the back of some big NFL team and left. Although maybe he should wait a while to come back , until he actually has some kind of charisma and even half a character, walk down the aisle , beat up a guy heavily and walk out isnt much of a character.

Man dont even compare Rock and Lesnar , Lesnar was there what , 9 months at the top. Rock done years for the company , and jobbed to a lot of people to progress them in the company. Lesnar will come back that much is pretty much certain and will rightfully get a bad reaction, he bailed out on WWE before he'd paid any sort of due for them. Lesnar saw his name on the back of some big NFL team and left. Although maybe he should wait a while to come back , until he actually has some kind of charisma and even half a character, walk down the aisle , beat up a guy heavily and walk out isnt much of a character.

Rock worked hard I'll admit that but he was also once the youngest ever champion,like Lesnar.
    Lesnar did pay his dues.He bled and suffered a concussion for the company.He carried Smackdown when the brand split occurred.

Other guys have walked out on WWE in the past.Guys like HBK for example and the ones that went to WCW like Hall and Nash for the money.
    Brock had all the money he could want yet left it all to pursue a dream.He didn't succeed,but so what?At least he went for it.
    A return suits both Lesnar and WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Lesnar paid his dues for the company??? Because he bled and suffered a concussion???? Cmon seriously , he suffered it from a move which he totally botched , fantastic sight to see , but he still botched it. Brock may have carried Smackdown for a while but Rock and Austin carried a whole company for around 2 years when it wasnt looking too good. Name another wrestler that walked out on a company after such a short time, and dont even mention HBK in anyway in relation to Lesnar , in John Cena's words , Lesnar "can't see" HBK in almost everyway. Im saying this a fan of Lesnar , he was a pretty good wrestler , but it seemed to all go to his head.

So Lesnar bothched the move,what does that matter?He attempted the move to entertain the fans.Just like he wrestled the Big Show with broken ribs to entertain the fans.And he bled many times as well.
    You say Rock and Austin carried the company when it wasn't looking too good,when was Smackdown good?Look at Smackown now without Lesnar.

As for "don't even mention HBK in anyway in relation to Lesnar",why the hell not?"Lesnar "can't see" HBK in almost every way".We are talking about the same HBK that appeared on Raw forfeiting the title saying he'd "lost his smile" when the truth was he didn't want to return the favour and drop the title to Bret at WM despite the fact Bret had done so at WM for Shawn.
    The same HBK that denied involvement in the Montreal screwjob until he confessed all in 2002 on Confidential.

Plenty of wrestlers have plenty of skeletons in their closet.Lesnar is guilty of pursuing a dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

What's the deal with the Big Show doing the F5 all of a sudden? Armageddon and SD on Thurs. The commentators mentioned it a little too much, and called it the F5 - a bit weird.....

Could be the way to bring Brock in on some kind of sad 'you stole my move' angle 'round Rumble time!?

Prolly the usual Big Show cleaning house routine in the Rumble, goes to F5 someone and Brock is behind him.....maybe leading to a good old crap wrestler slobber knocker at WM?

^^^^

???WTF?

Brock in a "good old crap wrestler slobber knocker"? Brock may be a lot of things, but crap wrestler he certainly isnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

i suppose he's physically impressive but i'd put him in the same league as Big Show, JBL, Heidenreich when it comes to actual wresling. not a patch on the like of Benoit, Eddie.....even Cena whos pretty much another 3/4 trick pony.

he was enjoyable to watch in his own way i suppose....felt sorry for him at WM, never seen a crowd reaction like that before.

Did you see WM 19? The guy is one of the best technical wrestlers about!

Sure, he can be what JR would term a HOSS, but put him in the ring with Kurt, Benoit, Eddie, he will mat wrestle as good as all of them.

Brock is a great wrestler.Indeed,Bret Hart in his column when he was commenting about WM19 said he thought Kurt and Brock were excellent technical wrestlers and put on a great show.You can't get a better compliment than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I hope sincerely hope he comes back to rescue sd because what they have currently is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

No doubt he will return, but if i was him i'd hire the best lawyer money can buy to make sure his contract includes he can't be made look an absolut monkey on screen, Vince has a history of getting revenge on lads who left the company then came back with their tails between their legs.
    But hopefully he'll see that bringing Lesnar back and using him properly would be good for business, i'd certainly rather see him as a contender for the title again rather than just have his comeback involve a humiliating act like being rock bottomed into a pile of dog s**t like when the Bulldog came back, or dreessing him up in a plastic dragon suit. I think that idea someone already suggested of having him as an outcast hated by the locker room for a while would be best , then get him back in the normal fold and forget about his little exodus. After all , WWE has the shortest memory in the world , whole story lines, events and past gimmick/identities completely forgotten and unmetioned if necessary !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I dont think he should come back because he was a unstopable force. I mean very few people could beat him so maybe in a few years when the wwe has more guys who can go the distance of Brock Lensar, than he should come back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

They should bring him back as a lacky for JBL (his bodygaurd, minister of internal affairs .. whatever)

give him the us title, or tag team with orlando, keep him beating people for 6 months to a year, but don't put him up against anyone decent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

if he comes back they will make him crawl through sh*t for at least a year before pushing him... they gave him the world too soon last time and that was a massive mistake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TimAnne

that'd be so ****ing awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Very well said. Lesnar was an ok wrestler tech wise but had awful mic skills and was in no way in the same league as either Austin or The Rock and never will be due to just lacking the spark the truly great wrestlers have.

Lesnar was never a true main eventer in the sense that he didnt make the wwe huge money like fellas like Rock, Austin, HHH, Taker, Angle etc. But he was close to becoming the actual "next big thing".

I would love to see his return as a jobbing monster - basically he beats the crap out his opponents, but lets the guard down for a second and looses. Let that be happening to him for a while, before letting him earn his spot back at the top of the industry.

I can see why the wwe arent too pushed about his return though. There he was, the WWEs monster next big thing, who goes to play NFL, but couldnt even make a practise squad. Makes the WWE product look weak.

I think Lesnar is planning on wrestling in Japan.He was there recently with Sable and said he has to wait until March for his WWE contract to expire.

Advertisement