Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards shedding userid

Options
  • 17-12-2004 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Since the upgrade last week, Boards doesn't seem to be retaining my cookie. If I go out and back in again it's asking for the userid and password to be entered again; in fact, if I leave the computer for half an hour and go back, it does the same; sometimes if I post and then go to another forum it's shed the userid in between the two actions.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

luckat wrote:
    Since the upgrade last week, Boards doesn't seem to be retaining my cookie. If I go out and back in again it's asking for the userid and password to be entered again; in fact, if I leave the computer for half an hour and go back, it does the same; sometimes if I post and then go to another forum it's shed the userid in between the two actions.

Is this happening to anyone else?

What browser are you using?
    I have the same problem with Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Yep happening to me a lot. But its kinda good caus dont want to be leave the comp idling with boards open, Using Firefox and IE and id say its a setup issue in Boards.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

There was an upgrade last week? 0_o

Hmm, but yeah in college the cookies run away with themselves if I look at the monitor slantways.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

There was one of those "announcement" posts at the top of the forums a few weeks ago about this (or a very similar issue). i can't find it now but it had something to do with deleting all boards cookies and re logging in....i tink!

EDIT: Here is the announcement:
    Originally Posted by DeVore
    There is a bug which affects some people and manifests itself as a need to log in every time you come to the site. Sometimes multiple times.

Heres the solution:

Close all browsers. Search your harddrive for txt files containing the word "Boards". You will find some with your name in the filename (these are cookies). Delete them.
    Now go to www.boards.ie/vbulletin and login WITH THE "REMEMBER ME" OPTION CHECKED!

That should resolve the problem. Any further problems should be reported on the Feedback forum.

Thanks,
    DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I'm using Firefox, and I think also Safari, on a Mac G4 PowerBook at home, and Internet Explorer on an NT system in work. It's doing it in both.

I've deleted all Boards cookies in Firefox and re-entered the system, but it still does the same. I routinely delete all cookies and other detritus in IE at the end of each session.

• Advertisement
Advertisement