Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Outstanding

Options
  • 17-12-2004 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Last night I went to the blink 182 concert, and I can some up the night in word outstanding. They put on the most amazing and funniest shows. Possibly the best moment was the Travis bit , people who were there will know what I am talking about . I just wanted to say they blew me away and just wanted others opinions on what they thought of the show.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I didn't think much, same old same old. That said I do think their music is very bland. I only went because I had free tickets and couldn't sell them for anything much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

You have to admit though the travis bit was quite something. By any chance do you know who the first band, they were complete crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

agreed, twas outstanding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Yeah, i though it was top notch. Only went to bring my nephew for crimbo. Have to say, i was blown away by the show. First band need a new front man (as funny as he was in his jocks). Sugarcult were good, but the boys stole the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Jefferson Darcy

The concert was very enjoyable, but I didn't think much of the sound quality. Perhaps thats how they play, but the amount of distortion was shocking. Songs like 'Miss You' were almost unrecognisable thanks to all the noise. And it wasn't the venue either because Audioslave were excellent in there.

I loved the drum solo bit where the second kit rose up from the centre of the crowd. Brilliant and completely unexpected.

I was watching some of the moshing from the balcony and it was pretty hilarious. There was this fat, bald Mr. Rotundo chap and all his skinny skater-twit mates were using him as a sort of battering ram.

There were a good few gorgeous looking rock sluts around. JD likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Eh... most of them were about 12.

The sound was ****. As you said, there were songs that you could barely make out. Though having said that, a lot of the people at the front seemd to recognise the songs pretty quickly. Perhaps it was just where I was standing.

Also for the first few songs they seemed to be out of time with each other. At the time I thought it sounded like it was Travis who was palying too fast, but that can't be right... Can it?

A lot of new songs. Not a bad thing, but I was hoping to hear some older ones too. The "old songs" medley was probably the best part of the night. I also thought "Stay Together For The Kids" and "Go" were excellent.

It has to be siad that that drum solo was the most unexpected thing to ever happen. I was most impressed with it. How the hell did he get down there? And back up... that must have been even harder! And Mark at the end giving out the phone number... Pretty funny stuff. Anyone ring it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

did the kinison not support them?
    i was almost gonna go just to see them, but in the end money issues meant i couldn't.
    maybe the kinison just supported them in england?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

Yes Kinison were one of the support acts, along with Sugarcult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

the show was great but i was really let down by tom delonge. i couldnt believe it was the same guy that wrote some of my favourite songs. it sounded like he was singing badly on purpose and his guitar hurt my ears. i didnt like his stage act either, or his jokes...
    loved 'captain mark' though and travis came across as a god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

it wasnt bad, but i wldnt say it was outstanding to be honest

• Advertisement
Advertisement