Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cpu burned

Options
  • 17-12-2004 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

my xp 2200+ was burned yesterday because of overclock.....dose anyone know who can fix this?cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Burned? As in blown? They cant be fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

as Nelson from the Simpsons said, 'Haha'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

How did you manage to burn it? You can't expect anyone to help you without some detailed info. What exactly did you do, what happened and what's the problem at the moment.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 BobG

everytime i trun on the power,it goes 10 sec and shut down automatic,i am sure the cpu is running because the heat sink become hot...

monitor has no signal input

• Advertisement

i think the problem is the heat sink crush the cpu core...it seems not be burned

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's not exactly the detailed info I was looking for. What settings did you change? Did you reset back to normal settings? ect ect

If you don't know what your doing you shouldn't be overclocking.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

BloodBath wrote:
    That's not exactly the detailed info I was looking for. What settings did you change? Did you reset back to normal settings? ect ect

If you don't know what your doing you shouldn't be overclocking.

BloodBath

Let's create a bloodbath, .... errr... Bloddbatch, LOL, I love peoples first OC attempts. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

If the heatsink was not making proper contact with the Athlon Xp chip it could fry as XP chips haven't got any protection like Intel's ones. A P4 can usually survive running without a heatsink by slowing down to stay cool, Athlon XP can't and thus fries in milliseconds. You could have damaged the core like you said as well by putting on the heatsink ar$eways and applying to much pressure on one side of the core or something like that. Either way your chip is goosed. Try using a Sempron next time, at least it won't cost as much if you mess up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Like bloodbath said, did u reset back to defaults?? do u reset the bios?? if u dont think the cpu is damaged then try this. otherwise u lose, u may as well go and buy another cpu and keep it at stock speeds nextime or readup on it before u overclock, LOL, kidding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

how many beeps out of the system bell at startup?

Advertisement