Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-nighter in the Fitz cash game...

Options
  • 17-12-2004 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

I tried to get up and leave but failed...:( Eventually made it out of there at about 7.30am just in time to get the bus to work.

Profit of €410 which is the most I've walked away from a fitz cash game table.
    And I'm ashamed to say that it wasn't too hard to win. I was hitting nice hands during the night even with a couple of dry spells of cards. There was no nasty outdraws, when I went in ahead I usually stayed ahead when it counted.

One hand of note:
    PL Hold'Em only cash table: I have ~€200, on the button with QQ, 7-handed.
    UTG raises to 7 on the blind, 2 callers, I bet the pot, get one caller from late position.
    Flop comes 6c8c9c. I have a check of my hand and I've got QcQh.
    He bets hefty, I raise all in, he calls.
    My thoughts were: If he has AA or KK he would have played back and raised me preflop. If he has AcKc then I'm fúcked. If he has AK with the Ace or King or clubs then I'm in acceptable shape although he has flush and overcard outs.
    Inexplicably he turns over JhJs, and is drawing to 1 out as the Jc gives me the flush.

Second hand of note was late on in the night, at about 5am. I've been moved to the €50 Hold'Em/Omaha table with plenty of the regulars, I have about €300. A really drunk obnoxious guy had sat down about an hour earlier and had bought in and lost about €800 so far. I'm guessing he's down to his last €200 or so and he has paid everyone at the table but me so far.

Hold'Em: I'm in the cut-off with TT. Its raised UTG on the blind to 7, 3 callers, I bet the pot. Crazy drunk guy re-raises from the SB and everyone folds to me. I'm thinking "Tell me this fecker hasn't woken up with a monster hand", and I call.
    Flop is 237 rainbow. He straight away bets the pot. Are my tens good?

I go into the tank and try to figure out if he has JJ-AA. He looks at me and says, "You're so far behind, you shouldn't really call. I'm miles and miles ahead of you."
    I jokingly say "I'll show you one of my cards if you show me one of yours.", not expecting himto agree! But he does!
    I flash him the 10h, and I'm pretty sure everyone at the table knows my hand, and the drunk guy nods and then flips up one card.

He shows me the 4c.

:eek: :eek: The most he can have is an open ender...
    So I raise the pot. He calls!!! He turns over pocket 4's, the turn card is a 5, and the river a beautiful blank.

€100 into €510 in about 6 hours, not a massive return in comparison to a decent tournament finish but one of the most satisfying poker sessions I've had in a while.
    My children will have new shoes this Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Wow what a moron. I love how everybody always puts preflop raisers on AK. Well done btw

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

By the time I was out of the Freeroll I just couldnt face another hand of cards. Would have liked to have played in the HE Only cash game.

Congrats on the win, any description of the drunken bloke? Is he a regular? :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Wow what a moron. I love how everybody always puts preflop raisers on AK. Well done btw

what? that guy sounds cool, really nice, drunk, grand in hand to lose,

btw, nice move with the 10 luke

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote:
    Congrats on the win, any description of the drunken bloke? Is he a regular? :)
    DeV.
    Never seen him before in my life. When he sat down he says "Man, I'm really hammered". Absolutely hilarious seeing all the sharks at the table perking up.
    evillive wrote:
    what? that guy sounds cool, really nice, drunk, grand in hand to lose,
    I was amazed that he just kept going back to his wallet for another handful of fifties. He was sitting on my left and he had about €1500 starting and had lost >€1000 in 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

lafortezza wrote:
    Profit of €410 which is the most I've walked away from a fitz cash game table.
    This poker lark is great. We never got paid €400 for playing DoD all night.

• Advertisement

I'm knackered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

You can go and buy yourself some awake.

Might get some hookers while I'm at it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I doubt your co-workers will notice that you are in a *particularly* deep sleep today as opposed to normal.

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

lafortezza wrote:
    Might get some hookers while I'm at it.

A game of Rugby will wake you up for sure. Good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Worst joke ever. ;)

Advertisement