Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i am sooooooooo hungover

• 17-12-2004 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

**** it. i made it in. i wonder if anyone would notice\care if i crawled under my desk and slept for a few hours.....the only good thing about the day after office parties is everyone else looks fooked too. except for the managers, how do they do it??? bastards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Oh man I'm glad to know that someone else is in as poxy a state as I am. Got to bed at 4:30am up at 8:30 and drove into work (I'm nearly positive that I was still over the limit driving in)

ChRoMe

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

my heart bleeds for you

Wish I was hungover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Woo hoo! Im in a jock too! But my desk is by a window so I cant lie down, doing my best to keep my eyes open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

mangers are bastards at christmas dos....you might think they are drinking the same amount but they are sly foxes....while you are hammered..you start talking ****e to them...and they remember everything..i was in an appraisal...and was looking for a rise...i had previously told him how much i should be on at a previous session...he said he was giving me that..could i remember...no....God help me at next Wednesdays christmas do :) ...btw wish i was hungover..then id have an excuse of why im not doing any work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I'm absolutely bollixed as well ..... damn you Carlsberg ... damn you to hell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Gonzorex

Scruff wrote:
    **** it. i made it in. i wonder if anyone would notice\care if i crawled under my desk and slept for a few hours.....the only good thing about the day after office parties is everyone else looks fooked too. except for the managers, how do they do it??? bastards.

I can sing that tune as well boss :)

Going out at lunch to buy 5 pigs and two slices of bread and some chef sauce . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Scruff wrote:
    Managers rarely get pissed at these office dos. If they do, it's usually a sign that they're about to leave the company, or that this is what they usualy do when out and the promotion prospects aren't that very good.

Also, I'm guessing that if there was some dancing last night that it was your bosses who were first out onto the floor?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There's a few folk hungover here today because we've got department nights out. I imagine managers can get rat-arsed on these Xmas nights out because we're all practically leaving the company so it doesn't matter if ya embarass yourself.

I wish I was hungover rather than just tired though. It might indicate I had had some fun the night before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

petes wrote:
    mangers are bastards at christmas dos

Feeding trough in 16 Bit OS XMas scandal shocker!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Actually, the directors / managers of our small company all got fairly hammered last night. The nice thing about small companies is that (sometimes) there is less office politics (not many positions up for grabs) and everyone is friendly, so no sly foxes to be worried about. I was in this morning before two of the three directors, despite having only 3 1/2 hours sleep last night. And I have to do it all again tonight! Need a nap very badly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

im in an absolute state

i need help, my farts smell so bad too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

oh i forgot to add that while drunk my manager and my team leader told me they was going to basically rip me a new asshole over a "sh1te" design doc i wrote. at 2pm today. fantastic.
    not like i need any help sh1tting today either.

/edit
    whats wilth all the *'s for the word sh1te??? its not like i said ****, **** or ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Me be hungover too... cheapest, nastiest hangover ever...
    My boss looks a bad as me, which is good 'cause I was 2 hours late for work and when I went up to his desk to apologise and ask what i'd missed his eyes just glazed over.
    Great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Scruff wrote:
    oh i forgot to add that while drunk my manager and my team leader told me they was going to basically rip me a new asshole over a "sh1te" design doc i wrote. at 2pm today. fantastic.
    not like i need any help sh1tting today either.

/edit
    whats wilth all the *'s for the word sh1te??? its not like i said ****, **** or ****
    Oooooooh, that's gonna hurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Eyes like two gooseberries in a sea of blood.
    Tongue like a carpet salesman's armpit.
    Just gave birth to a six pound baby shyte.
    Not feeling the Mae West today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ah sweet sweet relief, I'm off the day after my party :)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

in change to current trends

i am fresh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There was unanimous agreement last night that we will be having our party on a Friday night next year. I agree with this sentiment even more today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

We had xmas party Wed night, so I took Thurs off. The only way to do it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

joejoem wrote:
    Woo hoo! Im in a jock too! But my desk is by a window so I cant lie down, doing my best to keep my eyes open.

get some matchsticks to help keep your eyelids open :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

christmas party next wednesday night..get holidays the same day..and finish at one...by the time we make it to dundalk greyhound track..we probably will be trying to bet on the hare :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I am coming around and only a little over an hour left, things are looking good for me now, sad thing is i'll be in the pub again in 4 hours and relive it all tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

2.5 hours in that meeting. horror of horrors. i've forgotten what they said and cant read my own handwritting so they'll have to say it all again monday.

time to go home a give the couch some much need attention for the noght.

Advertisement