Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Esat trial - eircom trial possible?

• 17-12-2004 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My Esat IOl 3 month free broadband trial comes to an end at the start of January. Is it possible for me to order the eircom 2 month trial then? Apparently, NTL will be dishing out their broadband services to my estate in March so don't want to get 12 month contract. Also, if it is possible to order eircom BB, should I do so now or wait until I've sent back Esat modem. Want to have BB over Xmas period so was planning to send Esat BB back start of Jan and hopefully just switch over to Eircom. Any ideas? This has kinda been covered in other threads but my situation is slightly different

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

aaf wrote:
    Hi,

My Esat IOl 3 month free broadband trial comes to an end at the start of January. Is it possible for me to order the eircom 2 month trial then? Apparently, NTL will be dishing out their broadband services to my estate in March so don't want to get 12 month contract. Also, if it is possible to order eircom BB, should I do so now or wait until I've sent back Esat modem. Want to have BB over Xmas period so was planning to send Esat BB back start of Jan and hopefully just switch over to Eircom. Any ideas? This has kinda been covered in other threads but my situation is slightly different

I had the Esat IOl 3 month. When it finished it took ages to get some cancellation number from IOL. Without this number Eircom would do nothing for me. I finished my trial in end of September. And got the eircom free trial last week. when this finishes im moveing on to UTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

when this finishes im moveing on to UTV
    I dont think UTV will give you a free trial as you arent a first time Broadband user ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

My free trial with UTV was up last week and i sent an e-mail to them to cancel it but havent heard anything back yet but i still have broadband access with them,i need the cancellatioin number to give to Esat BT,has anybody been in a similar situation before?i actually dont mind too much as i have broadband for free although when they eventully do cancel it ill have to go on dial up for a few weeks while im waiting for Esat BT so that`ll be a pain in the ass,is there any remote possibility that UTV might actually forget about this and ill continue to have broadband access for free?probably not but has it happened anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

According to the Eircom Web site the last day for ordering the free trial is tomorrow (20th December), so unless they come up with another offer ...

XDA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

They did c.10 days back, the offer is live till early Feb IIRC

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Having read a few threads abotu eircom bb, I'm in two minds whether to order the "free" trial as they bill you for 2 months and then refund you after a while but I don't like that at all. And UTV won't give a free trial unless it's your first bb trial. Any other free trials I could get or should I just go with eircom? Will be lost without bb :(

Advertisement