Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA cup draw

• 17-12-2004 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Graz AK v Middlesbrough (f Liverpool can do it I'm sure the mighty Boro will have few problems :) )
    Heerenveen v Newcastle
    Basel v Lille
    Parma v Stuttgart
    Sporting v Feyenoord
    Aachen v AZ Alkmaar (AZ will destroy these, they are a quality side and have won me a few quid this year)
    Austria v Athletic Bilbao
    Partizan v Dnipro
    Valencia v Stueaua
    Ajax v Auxerre
    CSKA v Benfica
    Fenerbahce v Zaragoza
    Panathinaikos v Seville
    Shakhtar v Schalke
    Olympiakos v Sochaux
    Dynamo Kiev v Villarreal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Aye, shouldnt have too much trouble, not with the second leg being at home too. One of the benefits of winning the group. Although, it could have been Rangers, if they hadnt slipped out altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Fantastic draw for the English clubs, both clubs have no reason not to progress.

The draw for the last 16...

AK Graz or Middlesbrough v Sporting Lisbon or Feyenoord
    Panathinaikos or Sevilla v Parma or Stuttgart
    Valencia or Steaua Bucharest v Dynamo Kiev or Villarreal
    FC Basel or Lille v Ajax or Auxerre
    Olympiacos or Sochaux v Heerenveen v Newcastle
    Shakhtar Donetsk or Schalke v Alemannia Aachen or AZ Alkmaar
    P'zan Belgrade or Dnipro v CSKA Moscow v Benfica
    Austria Vienna or Athletic Bilbao v Fenerbahce v Real Zaragoza

The next stage looks more difficult. Boro have a tough draw, and Newcastle could struggle with Olympiacos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Boro wrote:
    Shakhtar Donetsk or Schalke v Alemannia Aachen or AZ Alkmaar
    I think the winner of this set will win the cup.

Is that an EireBhoy prediction(TM)? :D

what about:
    Valencia or Steaua Bucharest v Dynamo Kiev or Villarreal
    Very strong tie. Then you have Newcastle (if their defense can hold up) and Middlebrough (if the squad can stay fit). Ok, maybe the last one was bias on my part, but we have the quality in all areas to be a serious contender - that is assuming we can get past GAK and Feyenoord/Sporting Lisbon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Are Dnipro the same team as Dnepr of late 80's European Cup fame? Just a better approximation of cyrillic spelling perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

mr_angry wrote:
    Are Dnipro the same team as Dnepr of late 80's European Cup fame? Just a better approximation of cyrillic spelling perhaps?
    Yeah, I think so.

Advertisement