Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeslog...

Options
  • 17-12-2004 3:19pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Played the freeroll last night, wasnt its usual gamble fest, although the number of crazy calls with Ax I saw was scary.

I got dealt the Aces 4 times in the tournie. You know how many tournies I sit through and dont get a single big pair all night?! Along with that I got QQ, JJ and AQ/AK a number of times.

AQ/AK sat down for me a lot though I mugged a bloke (from Griffith College I think) with AK when I hestitantly called 400 (I think) in Mid Position and he went all in with AJ. I felt bad about it for about 2 pico seconds and then raked the chips :)

AA stood up 3 times! And wasnt called on a very tight final table despite my stack being puny.

I got to the final table with second largest chip lead and was promptly dealt AKc that I raised with and a lunatic Hussein with a smallish stack takes a gamble with J9c. Fecker hits a Jack on the river. In fact the number of river killers on the final table was wild!

There were 4 tickets up for grabs and when it got down to 6 there was Oscar, Dave Hickson, Alex, Hussein, myself and a lad I whose name I dont know. We tried to sort out a deal but couldnt make everyone happy so we played on and Oscar and I went against each other, once he called my all in with AQ to my 33 and again my all in with AK to my 88. Unfortunately soon after Oscar's luck continued to desert him and he was gone. We then reorganised the deal so that everyone took 200 credit and *finally* got to go home at 2:30. The final table play was good and generally pretty tight and the blinds were frozen at 2k/4k which left some play in it and made me feel like it was less of a lottery at the end.

So, between the recent cash wins and the 400+ credit behind the counter, I'm really looking forward to this Xmas week festival in the Fitz!

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Anybody know the schedule of events for the festival week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Yea maybe I should have done a deal would have got 13times my investment but I still dont have 135euro to put up for the end of month tournament and most of us cant go using credit for normal tournaments so I was happy to play on only to see those two coin tosses go against me ah well,
    By the way "someone" was looking at your cards over your shoulder, Im sure he saw your aces and thats the reason he wouldnt call your double the BB raise

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I noticed that actually Oscar, and I was careful from that point on. Hyper-naughty but my own fault for not protecting my hand enough, though its tough to deal and play and watch for that.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

DeVore wrote:
    I got to the final table with second largest chip lead and was promptly dealt AKc that I raised with and a lunatic Hussein with a smallish stack takes a gamble with J9c. Fecker hits a Jack on the river. In fact the number of river killers on the final table was wild!
    DeV.
    Well at least he had two live cards against you. Pre freezeout on our table he was going all in with any A. I called with AK, versus his A8. Board paired on the flop, so I was worrying about a split, and he poxed an 8. Typical. But that's poker. I quite enjoyed the freebie last night I have to say, was gone pretty soon after the f/o, but still had a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

bohsman wrote:
    By the way "someone" was looking at your cards over your shoulder, Im sure he saw your aces and thats the reason he wouldnt call your double the BB raise
    What's this aboot eh?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

A player at the final table seemed particularly keen to look in my direction when I was checking my cards. He was in the BB when I had Aces and depite the fact that I was all in for another 5K on top of his 4K blind he ducked out and left me have the blinds.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

yeah i actually enjoyed last nights game alot too, (yes i am aware of the hypocrisy of saying this, after my rant topic a while ago :p) but it was great fun, i lasted a good bit into the f/o without rebuying at all throughout the night so im chuffed, cant get over the 'big' guy who has the tattoos and is always joking, think his names anto or tony or something, but he plays his favourite A6 and other crap kicker hands so aggresively it defies belief :rolleyes: still i managed to crack his pocket aces with my pocket kings on the flop :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

"Raise", "Stand Up" - Stop it you're killing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

it was fun actually! It seemed like a noraml game until The General Hussein sat down and proceeded to go all in with every single hand! Any A, or just any two cards.
    The funny thing about it was it seemed to catch cos then i noticed myself raising all in with 75, T4, any A! I think i just wanted to see what it was like playing like a lunatic! The last hand before rebuys ended i lost all my chips and having spent 30 already i said enough was enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

it was fun actually! It seemed like a noraml game until The General Hussein sat down and proceeded to go all in with every single hand! Any A, or just any two cards.
    Looks like he learned to play on VC!

• Advertisement

kevthecelt wrote:
    yeah i actually enjoyed last nights game alot too, (yes i am aware of the hypocrisy of saying this, after my rant topic a while ago :p) but it was great fun, i lasted a good bit into the f/o without rebuying at all throughout the night so im chuffed, cant get over the 'big' guy who has the tattoos and is always joking, think his names anto or tony or something, but he plays his favourite A6 and other crap kicker hands so aggresively it defies belief :rolleyes: still i managed to crack his pocket aces with my pocket kings on the flop :D

Ah, I was on that table! I was the guy with the aces over and over again :)
    Good to put a name to the face to the nick. Tony is nuts, just wait and get AJ or better and call his all in. Any pair of Tens or higher and call his all in too. Rocks like me (hey stop laughing Oscar!) live for people like him. Befriend him, follow him around. :)
    He's a decent skin actually, just his jokes are *woeful*...

DeV.

The funny thing about it was it seemed to catch cos then i noticed myself raising all in with 75, T4, any A! I think i just wanted to see what it was like playing like a lunatic! The last hand before rebuys ended i lost all my chips and having spent 30 already i said enough was enough!
    Ah, JF - were you dealing on The Generals table by chance??

Just off topic a bit, I have to laugh at some Husseinism, he's sometimes really irritating to have on your table and other times he's like the cabaret!

"Man bet, me no bet." "me gamble, me kraaaazy" "ahhh young man, me no play, he very young, very clever" :)

DeV.

He's a nice guy. Tbh it gets annoying the all in all the time, though I was lucky to have good position on him last night. Sometimes alright he goes on a bit, and it does get on some peoples tits, but what's the point in getting p*ssed off? You're just going to not play well. I just laugh at him, he's different. At least there's some noise on your table.

On another off topic, will be quick. On our table last night, someone was dealing. He kindly offered. One of the players on the table complained towards the break that hte dealer was too slow. Fnck him. That bugged me. The guy had offered, nicely, to deal for us all. He wasn't getting paid. Then this guy who said he was too slow wanted to move seats to deal - yeah, we're gonna let you change position just to deal!!

Jack open I win Ace open Jack no open I no win very young, very clever, I gamble 40 years 5 Million Dollars I losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Flop 6,7 open, he bet, I say "toooomoooorow".

Last night just before Oscar took his leave of the final table he came out with the most incomprehensible string of "me open, no bet, ace, man he. ALL IN!!!! me hahahaha". The whole table just looked at each other and then at him and Dave Hickson just says "er ok Hussein" and we move on with the betting.

I suspect that neither I nor anyone else had the faintest clue what he had said but Hussein looked very pleased with himself!

DeV.

At one stage 6handed he had limped wit KJ then there was an all in and a call he kisses his cards and shows what hes mucking, I like having him at my table because he ends to put a lot of people on tilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

DeVore wrote:
    Just off topic a bit, I have to laugh at some Husseinism, he's sometimes really irritating to have on your table and other times he's like the cabaret!

"Man bet, me no bet." "me gamble, me kraaaazy" "ahhh young man, me no play, he very young, very clever" :)

DeV.

he is a whoot and totally taking the piss. you know he was born and raised in Crumlin!?

im not joking. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

Ah, JF - were you dealing on The Generals table by chance??

in the sense that i was giving people their cards.... not really contributing a whole lot more, especially with all those multi side pots that needing calculating - everybody involved had a different way of doing it! fun tho

were you at that table?

• Advertisement

in the sense that i was giving people their cards.... not really contributing a whole lot more, especially with all those multi side pots that needing calculating - everybody involved had a different way of doing it! fun tho

were you at that table?
    Yeah, I was to your left, seat 1 with glasses on.

Advertisement