Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Week Schedule

Options
  • 17-12-2004 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

Sunday 40euro 3rebuys Guaranteed prizepool and 500added
    Monday 100euro 1rebuy or topup 6000guaranteed+500added
    Tuesday 5card draw double normal entry guaranteed....
    Wednesday 30 3rebuys Guaranteed prizepool and 500added
    Thursday 50euro 3rebuys Guaranteed prizepool and 500added
    Monday see above
    Thursday End of Month 270

Just to mention the Merrion have a 50 one rebuy/topup tournament with a terminator chip on Stephenses day Sunday that is.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

mmmm decision decisions... I now have about 800 notes/credit to blow, and I want to enter the 270 at the end of the month which leaves me with 530 notes for entries.
    Giving myself a rebuy and a top up in each event I enter, I'm trying to think what the best options are...

the 40 game tomorrow is 120 notes.
    The 100 game is 200 notes.
    the 30 game is 90 notes
    the 50 game is 150 notes
    and the inevitable cash game blow out is 150 notes...
    Thats about 700 notes so I need to drop one and I think I'll drop the 100 game unless I make some money in the cash games!

Anyone else planning on spending some cash this week? The additional prize money and guarunteed prizes make it a decent week to play and spend.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I finish work today until the 5th and have a good bit of poker planned for next week. I'll see how the cash games go as they will determine how many tourneys I'll be entering.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Probably pop in on Sunday and let my success in that (or probably lack of success) decide my particpation in the rest.
    Was half tempted to pop along this evening too but I'm in danger of finding myself in a drinking establishment. The horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

musician wrote:
    Probably pop in on Sunday and let my success in that (or probably lack of success) decide my particpation in the rest.
    Was half tempted to pop along this evening too but I'm in danger of finding myself in a drinking establishment. The horror.

That happened to me last night, then just as I was getting into the swing of it the bloody bar closed! I tried telling them that I was a poker player and I needed a drink but that was met with silence, then using knowledge that Ive gained from this board I threatened the bar manager with a cock punch if they didnt comply! Thank you boards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

bohsman wrote:
    Sunday 40euro 3rebuys Guaranteed prizepool and 500added
    Monday 100euro 1rebuy or topup 6000guaranteed+500added
    Tuesday 5card draw double normal entry guaranteed....
    Wednesday 30 3rebuys Guaranteed prizepool and 500added
    Thursday 50euro 3rebuys Guaranteed prizepool and 500added
    Monday see above
    Thursday End of Month 270
    Does anyone know if all the tournament structures are the same as usual? I don't fancy the Sunday lottery game for double the price of the buy-ins.
    Monday looks like a very good game, pity I'm working that night.

The thursday €50 rebuy event might be worth a gamble, no freeroll that night I'm guessing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 medZer

presume all this in in the fitz right?

hector im intrigued... helo the nebie out? whats a cock punch...no demos please...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Mycro

I've been playing poker online for the last few weeks, and have been enjoying it.

With some time off over Christmas, is it a good or a bad time for a beginner to go to one of the clubs in Dublin?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 deeferdog

not a particularly good time i'd say. lots of gamblers come out a christmas, especially in the cash games so you'd actually get a pretty distorted view of what the scene is usually like. i'd wait till the new year when u will be able to afford to lose a few quid without ruining christmas.

on the other hand if your really rich and crap at poker..... we'd love to have you...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Mycro

Thanks deefer. I think I'd avoid cash games for a while yet, but wouldn't mind gaining some real world experience in a cheap single or multi-table tournament. Should I wait until Jan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Gamble! Gamble no lose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

No lose?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah, you very clever. Man bet, me "toommmoooooorooow"!

DeV.
    ps: if you can afford the entry play this week for the atmosphere would be my advice, just avoid the cash games until much later when you have a bit of experience. Thursday afternoon will be good for SNG's and a bit of craic.

Advertisement