Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Breeze: how does it work?

• 17-12-2004 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

So I'm going to be getting my breeze soon (woo!)

Question: is it wireless from the transmitter (on my roof) to my PC? Or is there a cable from my roof to my PC??

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

dublindude wrote:
    Hello,

So I'm going to be getting my breeze soon (woo!)

Question: is it wireless from the transmitter (on my roof) to my PC? Or is there a cable from my roof to my PC??

Thanks...
    With breeze its a cable going from your roof to your pc whereas with ripwave its a wireless modem that picks up the signal(i think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Thank you. How long is the cable?? Does it go through a hole in the roof/through an open window???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

There's a modem (or more accurately a radio) near the aerial on the roof. That modem is connected with ethernet cable to a Power over Ethernet adapter that's inside the house, normally near the PC that you want to connect to. They typically drill a hole in the wall and bring in the cable that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Hmmmm. And when I eventually want to get rid of the radio modem, am I left with a big hole in my wall?

Do they fill it in afterwards?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

The hole is sealed on installation. I don't know what they do when it's uninstalled. I suppose you just chop the cable at each end and leave the cable in the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

its only a small hole,enough to fit a small cable thru,when you are finished you can just patch it up with polyfilla or summat

Advertisement