Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When poker has you by the balls

Options
  • 17-12-2004 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

I remember BigDragon I think it was started a post on this. Couldn't find it - it had a poll. Anyway, today I'm in work (work in IT) and was trawling through an error log to find a problem as to why the program wasn't working. Anyway, within the log came the letters OTG, and I started thinking On the gun? Over the gun? Oh dear.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Poker has you by the Balls....I remember the post,someone said when they are driving the are making poker hands from number plates,they have me doing it now.

KK 999 is the best hand I have seen so far.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Amp and I use poker analogies left right and centre when discussing non-poker things around the place. Its become second nature!

I was in a negotiations with a difficult client who owes us a considerable sum of money. The client has refused to pay a penny until every last one of their bugs are fixed (... "raise!"). My boss is an ex high stakesplayer himself and turns around to them and says "ok, in that case I'd like you to uninstall our software and we'll forget the whole deal". We both are aware they they have already rolled the S/W out, even with the minor bugs...
    I'm sitting there admiring his play when I realise I'm think of it as a reraise all-in. I told him later, much to his amusement and agreement! They folded :)

Ah poker, is there anything it cant do?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Friend of mine was in a chemist one day, second in the queue. The woman in front was trying to get some medicine for asthma or something (doesn't really matter) for her daughter. There were 2 types of the medicine, for example anadin and anadin extra strong. The lady could only find anadin in the shop, and was asking the counter asst "Is this stuff any good? I've heard that the extra strong is way way better, and this stuff is pretty crap." The asst replied "No, this stuff is the best, I use it myself" while scratching her ear and blinking profusely. Buddy stood there smirking away to himself. He'd picked up a tell on the chemist - she was blatantly bluffing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 deeferdog

marriage..... the ultimate bad beat?

Advertisement