Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do what to do...

• 17-12-2004 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

I bought a copy of Withnail and I today on DVD for my dad. When I got home my sister opened the case and found there was no disk in it.

If I go back to Tower and tell them it was empty are they likely to just laugh at me and assume I took the disk out?

What sort of a recourse do I have against them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

If it was empty then take it back. Chances are it was just busy and register-monkey was in such a rush to take your cash they forgot to put the disc into the case.
    Your receipt will have the name of the sales clerk and the disc should still be in the drawer or whatever they keep em in behind the counter.

If the case was sealed then you could be ****ed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

It wasn't sealed in the plastic but there was a security sticker on the top and bottom. So I doubt they'd have to put the discs into the box.

I'll pop in on Sunday anyways and see what the story is. If they don't give me a disc i'll ask to speak to the manager yada yada yada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

If they don't give it to you, just lift a copy on the way out the door and run :)

John

Seriously, they'll probably give it to you, they'd imagine you wouldn't take the trouble to come all the way back in to complain... escpeially for a **** film like that :)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Lump wrote:
    escpeially for a **** film like that :)
    eek.gif Grrr

Advertisement