Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colm meaney...bruce campbell of ireland?

• 17-12-2004 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

just been watching a load of colin meaney films and i got thinking does anyone think that he's the irish equivilent of bruce campbell? This over the top comedy character who always seems to play the same role?

I still think he's brill though:D :D totally under rated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

He wasn't comic at all in Star Trek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Nor was Bruce in Evil Dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Not in Evil Dead he wasn't, but Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness he was seriously "comic"... Exhibit A: The three stooges scene with all the mini-Ash's in the windmill.

Colm Meany does a lot more serious stuff than the shtick Bruce Campbell does. Sure Colm Meany's playing a re-occuring character in Stargate now.

Bruce Campbell is kinda type-cast as a real B-List celebrity, but he appeals to his fans and not too many other people.

I read his book "If Chins Could Kill" and can't wait for "Make Love The Bruce Campbell Way" and his solo commentary on Evil Dead is brilliant.

Colm Meany has a much wider range of characters than Bruce Campbell and I'd be hard pressed to come up with a comparison between the two tbh..

But hey that's just my opinion...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

simu wrote:
    He wasn't comic at all in Star Trek.
    he was in ds9. the banter between him and the doctor and stuff.

Advertisement