Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im so dead!

Options
  • 17-12-2004 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

i absolutly HATE school!!! do my best to avooid it whenever i can.. i havent been in a full friday in 11 weeks and ive missed about 18 days, ive got my (right)next door teaching me maths and my uncle teaching me history feels weird calling him sir.. i really dont wanna go back but i dont wanna end up workin in tesco or the like 4 the rest of my life..... its not that i find school difficult (i got 10 honours and a massive big e in my french!!!) for junior cert.. and iNEVER opened a book cos i didnt rate school as important but this years diff.. at parent teacher meeting most teachers said i wuz very giddy in class, can b disruptive, have a very laid back attitude to school extremly stubborn ect ect.. my art teacher said im extremly bhind with my large painting but he doesnt want to put pressure on me as he 'knows from experience' if he does ill do even less... is there anypoint in me continuing with school? 92 days (excluding weekends/days off till summer holidays) im in 5th year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

jezza wrote:
    is there anypoint in me continuing with school? 92 days (excluding weekends/days off till summer holidays) im in 5th year

Of course there is a point in continuing school. The way I see it if you plan to continue and actually sit the l.c. you have two options
    1). repeat fifth year and get it right from the start
    2). work really hard for the rest of the year, be confident going into 6th year that you actually know enough of what you should already know (even though you will have an entire year, you don't want to try to cram two years worth of work into one)
    ve got my (right)next door teaching me maths and my uncle teaching me history feels weird calling him sir

If this is an issue, it could be worth looking into changing schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ye, look into changing schools, but don`t consider not going back, go back after X-mas and stick with it, everything that you have miss will crop up again and you can catch up with it then. Also since you say your already a decent student then there is no reason for you to drop out, and no reason you wont be able to catch up.

Simply not going is a very bad idea tho, and will result in the above tesco situation :D.

Advertisement