Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators of MA/Self Defence forum

Options
  • 18-12-2004 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

**The below has been copied and pasted from the Self Defence, as I believe it rightfully belongs here, Let me know what ye think.**

Maybe its just me, but it has come to my attention lately that niether Runfree or Repli really contribute to this forum much, at least I haven't seen em do so in awhile. Are they still modding in the back round without my knowledge or are they gone?

If it is a case that they are gone, or simply no longert interested in modding the forum, I wish to nominate Colm O'Reilly as mod for this forum for the simple reason that he is well respected and lately appearing very popular on this forum.

What do others think?

Memphis
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is there an actual problem that needs moderating or do you think someone else could bring the board to a higher level? If not, then no need to change mods.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

There doesn't appear to be anyone modding the board at all anymore, and I personally feel that Colm O'Reilly would bring the board to a higher level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Silverfish wrote:
    There doesn't appear to be anyone modding the board at all anymore, and I personally feel that Colm O'Reilly would bring the board to a higher level.
    My sentiment exactly and the reason for above request!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Victor wrote:
    Is there an actual problem that needs moderating or do you think someone else could bring the board to a higher level? If not, then no need to change mods.

Just to bump this again, the involvement of the current moderators seems to be non-existent. And as you should surely know by now Victor it's always preferable to have an active mod on a forum even if there aren't on-going issues with trouble makers even just for splitting threads out and keeping arguments in some way logical.

I'd go with Musashi and Colm O' Reilly as two of the more active and knowledgeable members.

.logic.

• Advertisement

logic1 wrote:

I'd go with Musashi and Colm O' Reilly as two of the more active and knowledgeable members.

.logic.

Would strongly have to agree on that nomination! Both are regular poster to the forum, knowledgable in the filed of MA, and generally of sound mind, and contribute well, giving good advice at all times.

However, at the end of the day, its really up to Admins. may I also suggest that ye keep a close eye on the thread in question, orginally posted by moi in the self defence/MA forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Colm has my vote also.

A new years BUMP for this one.

I recommend that the Admins or mods have a look at the forum, the aforementioned thread and please appoint some new moderators. I assume that board.ie policy is to have supervision on all forums and this forum has no moderation and therefore no supervision and no direction. A good moderator (or two) could help further develop a sense of community on the board and also sort out any spammers and trolls.

Cheers,

Colum

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Generally you do not have to be an expert or an active contributer to a forum to become a moderator. All you have to do is watch the forum and stop any muppets. Generally having an intrest in the subject helps (to stop you poking your eyes out with a rusty spoon). If they aren't being active then by all means replace them.

What have ye fair and wise Admins gotta say on the matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Yeah we could do with a couple of mods seeing as our old ones have gone into hibernation or something! Admins, any chance of it?

reckon this forum needs new admins ....

Lads will ye have a look at the Self Def/Martial Art forum some time soon prefer before pam leaves .. The lads are quite inactive, and one of them is called Repli. irony eh..

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Mear wrote:
    reckon this forum needs new admins ....

Lads will ye have a look at the Self Def/Martial Art forum some time soon prefer before pam leaves .. The lads are quite inactive, and one of them is called Repli. irony eh..
    By "this forum" you mean "MA" and by admins you mean "mods" right? Because you're not helping your case by getting stroppy, which is what it sounds like.

I dont think Mear is getting stroppy. He meant that the MA forum needs new mods as you quite rightly said CuLT. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Firstly, Mear, what has my name got to do with anything?
    Secondly, I admit I have been very busy lately with college and work and haven't had much time to moderate the board, but afaik there isn't a lot of muppetry on the board. I do watch over it when I have time though. I wouldn't oppose a new moderator in addition to Runfree and myself.

Repli, welcome back, I thought you and Runfree had vanish off the face of the internet. LOL

I'm sorry, I understand you can be busy with other things in the real world, but its quite evident that (and alot of us users are in agreement) you and runfree have not being keeping your part in the role as Mods, hence why I requested that ye be replaced, it was not meant as a personal attack.

Anyway, My opinion still stands, if you wish to be replaced shout now. If you don't wish to be replaced, I'm sorry to say thought but the fact shows we (the majority users of the forum) think you should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yes I agree with you
    I wouldn't oppose a new moderator in addition to Runfree and myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I will replace Runfree with Colm O' Reilly for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Repli wrote:
    Firstly, Mear, what has my name got to do with anything?
    Secondly, I admit I have been very busy lately with college and work and haven't had much time to moderate the board, but afaik there isn't a lot of muppetry on the board. I do watch over it when I have time though. I wouldn't oppose a new moderator in addition to Runfree and myself.

This is why I was of the opinion that we did not overly need a new mod. Moderators don't have to post regularly on their forums, just keep the muppetry etc to a minimum. There was no foolery on the MA/SD forum, if you exclude the normal "my sport is better than yours"

BTW congrats to Colm on his new mod-ship.

Cloud wrote:
    I will replace Runfree with Colm O' Reilly for now.
    A wise decission.

Congrats to Colm on his new role as Moderator!

• Advertisement

Was gonna post this to Cult but how and ever..

Cult: i meant THIS, being feedback, forum needs new mods(corrected.) because it took a few weeks for us(being the MA lads/lassies) to get a reply. It was a play at you guys..

Columok: Seemed to pick it up grand well done ;)

Repli: Your name, again a jest, that u never participate in the MA forums. Repli/y .. sheesh.

Thanks Cloud and congrats Colm

Advertisement