Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navman 3450 & Product Key Error

Options
  • 18-12-2004 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I got my new Navman 3450 GPS addition for my IPAQ 3660 today, and spent this evening trying to set it up through my laptop. As part of the setup procedure, you have to activate your installation via the internet, and asked to enter your product key.

Each time I enter the product key I get an invalid product key message. Before I am asked, yes I am certain that I have entered the code correctly.

Has anyone encountered this or any suggestions? I have emailed Navman but am not expecting any reply till next week.

Help !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

For what it's worth, I am not sure what the problem is, but I used Navman a few weeks ago and I posted on their forum and got a reply from them within about 18 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Thanks Wolfman - I emailed Navman support last Friday and posted a message on their forum. 52 viewed the post and not a single reply. However when I went hunting on other websites I see that this appears to happen quite a bit with the Navman 3450. I have just emailed their support again.

I need this badly !! How am I going to find my way to work in the morning ???

Merry Christmas Wolfman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Ah well.
    Thought it might help. Hopefully they will contact you tomorrow.............

although.....you do realise you will miss a days work over it!

:D

Merry Xmas to you too

Wolfman - I remain lost somewhere between here and there !!

Anyway just discovered the problem with my Navman. Allegedly, when you buy a Navman, you cannot sell the software on and are limited to the number of installs.

Worth noting for your Navman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 noble3572001

Dummy wrote:
    I got my new Navman 3450 GPS addition for my IPAQ 3660 today, and spent this evening trying to set it up through my laptop. As part of the setup procedure, you have to activate your installation via the internet, and asked to enter your product key.

Each time I enter the product key I get an invalid product key message. Before I am asked, yes I am certain that I have entered the code correctly.

Has anyone encountered this or any suggestions? I have emailed Navman but am not expecting any reply till next week.

Help !!!
    I am having the same problem Dummy. I'm waiting on a reply from them also.

• Advertisement

Hi there,

You are not going to like the answer you will eventually get. I got 2.

1. Once you purchase the software you cannot sell this licence on. You are limited to the number of installs you can do.

2. If you have bought your Navman 2nd hand, you will have to fork out 149 sterling in January for new software.

I got a reply from their on-line support 13 days after I had sent my 4th email to them. Their reply said "This has been corrected for you".

I have no idea what has been corrected for me but I still cannot activate my navman software.

Hope you have better luck than me.

Happy New Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 noble3572001

Navman would have to reset your product key value.

Did you get your Navman brand new or second hand?

Advertisement