Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6230 issue, anyone experience this??

Options
  • 18-12-2004 1:31am

My brother bought a Nokia 6230 this morning from Vodafone as an upgrade. At first MMS didn't work (even though it worked in his Sharp GX10i) but a call to Vodafone seems to have sorted this.
    However, a few hours after turning on the phone for the first time, the operator logo changed from "vodafone IE" to "VF□" - I've never seen this before and I can't understand why. Power cycling the phone doesn't seem to do anything.

I know that Vodafone store the "vodafone IE" tag on the SIM, could it be a SIM issue? Seems strange though, it showed "vodafone IE" for a couple of hours at first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

dont think its an issue with the fone happened my mother 3100?dunno why but doesnt bother her,it was grand when she was usin different nokia's but since she changed to 3100 it changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

it may be the phone my mate has that phone and is having to get it flashed as did his friend in work, appaently happens with that phone a fair bit in one way or another the firmware just gets screwed up but you can get it flashed apparently for free if you go to a nokia outlet.

Advertisement