Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in Raheny got bb?

• 18-12-2004 1:53am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Friend of mine in Raheny (St Assams Ave) was told today that his line was not suitable for BB. He had previously checked his line on line several times before actually applying and it passed each time and he even had a call from the Eircom sales people offering him bb. Someone told him later in the day that they had heard that a lot of lines in Raheny had been failing so just wondered if anyone had actually managed to get bb in the general area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 staxx

I'm in Raheny, but connected to the Coolock exchange. I've currently got a trial of UTV, works great. But have now signed up for NTL 1.5 (which is stunning). I decided not to go the Breeze route until they settle down into a mature technolgy/company. The point I'm trying to make is that ADSL isn't the only option around Raheny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

I'm in raheny aswell and connected to the Belcamp exchange, working fine for the last few years. My line originally failed ADSL but passed for RADSL

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

staxx wrote:
    I'm in Raheny, but connected to the Coolock exchange. I've currently got a trial of UTV, works great. But have now signed up for NTL 1.5 (which is stunning). I decided not to go the Breeze route until they settle down into a mature technolgy/company. The point I'm trying to make is that ADSL isn't the only option around Raheny.

NTL would be great but he has not got an offer yet:( whereabouts are you in Raheny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

ando wrote:
    But have now signed up for NTL 1.5 (which is stunning).
    You luck person. Hopefully it comes to Killester fairly soon. :D

staxx where bouts are you? I didnt think Ntl were offering cable broadband here yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 staxx

Edenmore. Broadband was like waiting on a bus, you wait for ages then all of a sudden three come along at once. You can check if NTL is available by contacting them. I'm not sure if the Killester mast for IBB has gone live yet?

wow thats only a little bit away from me, I'm in Grange Park near Tesco's. I was sure Ntl cable wasn't available in Ndublin. I'll be checking this one out on monday ;) I'm pretty happy with Eircom dsl but its the cap thats hurting me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I checked the website last week and it isn't available in my area. (Killester) I'm hoping it comes here soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sztraik

Hi,
    I got DSL with Digiweb. I'm in All Saints Road, connected to the Coolock exchange.

Advertisement