Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Site Design - What Do You Think?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deep_end

eoge wrote:
    And for more, see original article here: http://www.bestwebdesignsbytyler.com/HowToDesign.html :rolleyes:

Here actually is the right place http://www.webdesignmastery.com/wdm_trial.zip (I don't have time to explain it to you). There is nothing wrong from learning of professionals. I have the book my self since it was published by the best author of all the times Shelley Lowery.
    Now.... suite your self. Good lack with your business and hopefully you learn from the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i'm sure someone alreeady said it, but use text links with stylesheets instead of graphcial text

the text is a bit small. make it bigger easier to read.

put alt tags in for all images

those bullets aren't obviously at all links...only copped on that they were when I tabbed onto them. Make the bold text links instead.

looks good as a whole though, nice first impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

eh keyzer, i get the impression you don't really know what xhtml is?

it is strict html that is also valid xml, so it will work with xml-based browsers and things like that.

You don't "add it" to your site, you change the doc type to xhtml and rewrite the html so that it is also valid xml.
    It's not a tweak. It won't change the way the site looks unless you happen to fix some bugs while you're doing it.

The only thing it might do is let you put the icon on the page that indicates it's valid xhtml.

i agree totally with the person who said dhtml and swf features should never be added just for the sake of it also.

You want to keep things as simple as possible really.

Advertisement