Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday's Racing

• 18-12-2004 5:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Windsor 2:25 - As long as all 8 runners line up (which is usually unlikely in this type of situation :mad: ), then Rule Supreme looks like an each-way steal at anything over 5/1.

Haydock 1:40 - Tricky-ish handicap hurdle. I'll probably play safe on this one as well with an each-way bet on Turtle Soup, again at anything over 5/1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Haydock 1:40
    Although i fancy Lord olypimpia myself i believe turtle soup can deliver.
    but as for Rule Supreme in the 2:25 at windsor, i cant see Baracouda being beaten, maybe do the forecast or a place on Rule Supreme. And if any1 fancies a tricast, put Geos in there with the above two! ;) Just remeber though it is my opinion not a tip!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Ok, let's see what we can get out of today's racing.

12.10 Newcastle DUKE'S SPEECH

This is not a race I'd usually be providing a tip in because there are many newcomers and the betting might tell a different story to what we can see at the moment. However I think that something will have to be VERY special to be better than this favourite based on his previous run.

2.10 Haydock Limerick Leader

Currently around 6-1 this'll be my choice in this tough race simply because the horse stays all day and he should love the ground. Just has to avoid hitting the deck.....

3.00 Windsor and 3.15 Haydock

Jarro and Rebel Rhythm

I think these are two good things so stuck them in a double.

Avoid everything else today cause the results are gonna be silly cause of the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Terrible days racing yesterday by me... Had the 16/1 winner Sharp Rigging tipped e/w and that was about it... Decided to devote my time to Lingfield today and pick one horse from each of the other meetings

Lingfield
    2.05 FORECAST
    1st - Jack Sullivan @ 10/11
    2nd - Lygeton Lad @ 11/2
    3rd - Vicious Warrior @ 14/1

2.40 Chateau Nicol @ 7-1
    2ndMiddelton Gray @ 10/1

3.10 FORECAST
    1st - Eastborough @ 11/2
    2nd - Border Edge @ 14/1
    3rd - One Upmanship @ 16/1

Warwick
    2.05 Sonevaflush Excellent chance of winning @ 5/2

Windsor
    2.25 Christal d.Nay I have a feeling that Barracouda won't do it this time... @ 5/1

Haydock
    2.10 Classic Native Against a lot of seasoned performers but should do well @ 11/4

Newcastle
    2.20 - Rambling Minster is the obvious choice here @ 6/4

fade2black wrote:

Currently around 6-1 this'll be my choice in this tough race simply because the horse stays all day and he should love the ground. Just has to avoid hitting the deck.....

Falls at the first fence. Better than falling at the last I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Crumbs wrote:
    Windsor 2:25 ... Rule Supreme looks like an each-way steal
    Rule Supreme finished a very close 3rd, beaten only 3/4l and a sh. It finished faster than anything else and if he could only jump the hurdles at pace rather than losing ground at them, he could easily have won that race.

Ideally, he would prefer a course with a longer run-in after the final flight and preferably with an uphill finish too. Sounds like Cheltenham to me! ;)
    Crumbs wrote:
    Haydock 1:40 ... Turtle Soup
    With the paper favourite being a non-runner, Turtle Soup went off at a shorter-than-expected 7/2 but he did the business, so I'm happy with my two bets for today.

• Advertisement

fade2black wrote:
    Ok, let's see what we can get out of today's racing.

12.10 Newcastle DUKE'S SPEECH

This is not a race I'd usually be providing a tip in because there are many newcomers and the betting might tell a different story to what we can see at the moment. However I think that something will have to be VERY special to be better than this favourite based on his previous run.

3.00 Windsor and 3.15 Haydock

Jarro and Rebel Rhythm

I think these are two good things so stuck them in a double.

Avoid everything else today cause the results are gonna be silly cause of the ground.

Duke's Speech wins at 6/4 (from 2s)

Jarro wins at 9/4
    Rebel Rhythm wins at 4/5

We know what happened to Limerick Leader

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

jimi_t wrote:
    Terrible days racing yesterday by me... Had the 16/1 winner Sharp Rigging tipped e/w and that was about it... Decided to devote my time to Lingfield today and pick one horse from each of the other meetings

Lingfield
    2.05 FORECAST
    1st - Jack Sullivan @ 10/11
    2nd - Lygeton Lad @ 11/2
    3rd - Vicious Warrior @ 14/1

2.40 Chateau Nicol @ 7-1
    2ndMiddelton Gray @ 10/1

3.10 FORECAST
    1st - Eastborough @ 11/2
    2nd - Border Edge @ 14/1
    3rd - One Upmanship @ 16/1

Warwick
    2.05 Sonevaflush Excellent chance of winning @ 5/2

Windsor
    2.25 Christal d.Nay I have a feeling that Barracouda won't do it this time... @ 5/1

Haydock
    2.10 Classic Native Against a lot of seasoned performers but should do well @ 11/4

Newcastle
    2.20 - Rambling Minster is the obvious choice here @ 6/4

Lingfield
    2.05 Lygeton Lad WIN @ 11/2, Vicious Warrior 3rd @ 14/1
    2.40 Chateau Nicol 2nd @ 7/1
    3.10 Border Edge WIN @ 14/1

Windsor
    2.25 - Christal d.nay 2ND @ 5/1

Warwick
    2.05 - Sonevafushi WIN @ 2/1

Newcastle
    2.20 - Rambling Minster WIN @ 11/10