Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warez monkeys take the GameCube

Options
  • 18-12-2004 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

a few minutes ago I spotted a a new bios for a gamecube chip, that i was actually unaware of until now.
    seems you can now boot imports and backups with no extra ****ing around with bootdiscs/network adapters/what have you. i might actually get one of these. i'm getting sick of using freeloader to play my imports at the moment

story of the new chip here. and you can find the new bios at the usual super place...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I'd have thought Warez would be an absolutely tiny problem for the gamecube, would have thought whatever type of equipment you'd need to make a gamecube disc would only be available to licensed developers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

thats the whole point of this thread.
    you can now just burn your downloaded iso onto a mini dvdr disc and play away.
    up to now its been nigh on impossible to boot from burned gc games

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Discussion about it here. People seem to be warming to the fact that it does seem possible, based on Nintendo's patent for the optical drive (it DOES support mini DVDRs, which can store about 2gb of data). Estimated retail price of the device will be $70...

It looks like some people have tried it, and have got it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

no one is safe, but, this gen consoles emulation is beginning, thers some beta-y ps2 and gc emu's floating around, even an xbox one....

Advertisement